Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F7 cabinet (resized).jpg
F7 pf (resized).jpg
F7 arch lighting (resized).jpg
F7 decal (resized).jpg
F7 lockdown bar R (resized).jpg
F7 lockdown bar L (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I've been having too much fun restoring a 1962 Friendship 7 for a friend. It had typical playfield wear around the inserts, around the pops and under the yellow center target. So I've been playing around with using laser-printed decals and clearing with Minwax Polycrylic - (which is hard to beat for ease of use - seems to not have terrible averse chemical reactions to whatever else has been on there, sands easily, dries quickly and I don't have to dress like an astronaut to use it). The cabinet will be re-stenciled eventually, though probably not with the original art (which to me just doesn't seem to fit anything) - so I'll probably do some original artwork on the cabinet. Anyway, it's coming along just fine - fixed all the electrical issues and it plays great!

But at the moment, I'm at a loss regarding what to do about these chromed end caps on the lockdown bar (see last 2 photos). It looks like someone dragged the thing down a paved road for half a mile and they're a little rough on your hands while you're playing. I'm not a metal-worker - does anyone out there have any good ideas about what to do with something like this? I haven't called Steve at PBR yet, but I know lockdown bar parts are scarce, so I'm not hopeful I can just buy replacements. I'd love to hear any thoughts about what to do with them. Thanks!

F7 pf (resized).jpgF7 pf (resized).jpgF7 arch lighting (resized).jpgF7 arch lighting (resized).jpgF7 decal (resized).jpgF7 decal (resized).jpgF7 cabinet (resized).jpgF7 cabinet (resized).jpgF7 lockdown bar L (resized).jpgF7 lockdown bar L (resized).jpgF7 lockdown bar R (resized).jpgF7 lockdown bar R (resized).jpg

#4 3 years ago

Wow, Doc - yours were a mess! Do you mind describing what you did to them - they look great by the end, as does that whole machine. Nice job!

#6 3 years ago

Thanks Doc - I'll email them a photo and see what they think.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-friendship-7-lockdown-bar-question?tu=paulace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.