You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5d7ebb96e2b1fb45d7b5a1e62d5e191b9674bb12 (resized).jpg
IMG_7842 (resized).JPG
IMG_7841 (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

Ordered new flipper switches from Steve at PBR. I took old ones off and soldered on the wiring then realized that the switches are not the same size. Steve suggested that I just put new holes in the cabinet and install his switches.

Don't really want to do this as I'm a bit worried it may change the way the flipper operates, plus I don't really want to drill new holes. The difference in size is about 3/4".

Anyone know where to get the exact replacement? Would you just drill new holes? Use the old switches? Looking for opinions.

IMG_7841 (resized).JPGIMG_7841 (resized).JPGIMG_7842 (resized).JPGIMG_7842 (resized).JPG
#2 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

Looking for opinions.

I would disassemble the stacks, remove the long one from the old and clean it up and then stick it in the same spot on the new. Then you can use them.

LTG : )
5d7ebb96e2b1fb45d7b5a1e62d5e191b9674bb12 (resized).jpg5d7ebb96e2b1fb45d7b5a1e62d5e191b9674bb12 (resized).jpg

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I would disassemble the stacks, remove the long one from the old and clean it up and then stick it in the same spot on the new. Then you can use them.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

Didn't even think of that. Excellent idea.

I went ahead and installed the ones sent to me by PBR by putting the bottom screw into the top hole and adding one more hole. They work fine. However, if anyone has a similar situation you need to watch the width of the stack on the left side flipper. It is not as deep as the original and your screws will go right through the side decals if you don't add spacers of some sort.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 72.50
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-flipper-switches-?hl=flippinjimmy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.