By vipertblck

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180204_213226 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vipertblck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

have a grand prix that one flipper is "sluggish". meaning it won't come back and return to the rest position unless you push it or the ball hits it. it's the rod assembly, not the coil, coil plunger moves freely when disconnected from the flipper linkage. so, i've removed the 2 screws at the bottom of the linkage, not it LOOKS like the flipper and rod assy should just slide apart, but it doesn't. how do these flipper assemblies come apart?

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Fred736:

If you loosen the two hex head slotted bolts, the plate, the bakelite link and the plunger assembly should simply pull out.
[quoted image]
However, it could be that the bolts were screwed in so tight that the steel shaft might be mangled to a point that the plate just won't slide out.
So you will have to twist the plate back and forth working it as you pull it out while holding the flipper from the other side.
After, you'll likely need to use a fine file to smooth the shaft again.
On reinstall, switch the flippers (right one to left side and left to right). Chances are the screws will have a clean surface to bite on.

this was kinda what i figured, i disconnected the coil plunger assy so i have that plate with those 2 screws in it that the shaft goes into now just stuck. that's where my problem is at because when you wiggle it by hand and act as if the flipper is moving, it's stuck as though it's gummed up inside. do these bakelite pieces (plastic one screwed to the playfield that the shaft goes through) wear out ? my goal here is to just free up the flipper. ill shoot some penetrant in there for the day and try gettin it loose from the shaft later tonight. the flipper and shaft comes out as one assembly then right?

#6 3 years ago

all is well now, you were both right. i removed the screws completely just to be sure, and the shafts DID have the small indent at the bottom for the screws to go into when tightened. anyway i guess it was just dirty and gummed up. after cleaning it off and getting rid of all the gunk, i put it back together dry and it's spot on now!

thanks for all the help and input!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vipertblck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-flipper-removal?tu=vipertblck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.