(Topic ID: 195982)

William's Flintstones drop target problem

By CameronMcGehee

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Please help me. I am 13 and trying to fix my dad's pinball. (Don't underestimate me cuz I actually do know some things about these machines).

The problem is that every time something in the game gets triggered, either a switch, the ball being launched, the numbers being hit, the flippers flipping, it will give the Player the points that the "O" target would give them. Basically it activates the o target every time something is hit or a button is pressed.

The wierd thing is that this stops happened in one they actually knock down that target.

Please help. It's Williams 1994 with a standard orange dmd.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from CameronMcGehee:

Please help me. I am 13 and trying to fix my dad's pinball. (Don't underestimate me cuz I actually do know some things about these machines).
The problem is that every time something in the game gets triggered, either a switch, the ball being launched, the numbers being hit, the flippers flipping, it will give the Player the points that the "O" target would give them. Basically it activates the o target every time something is hit or a button is pressed.
The wierd thing is that this stops happened in one they actually knock down that target.
Please help. It's Williams 1994 with a standard orange dmd.

Sounds like the switch on that target is has a loose wire or loose switch. The vibration is probably causing them to make contact. See if bumping the playfield with the glass off causes the same issue, or try wiggling the targets next to it. If it registers, then lift the playfield and look for a loose switch or switch wire under those drop targets.

#3 6 years ago

Had nearly the same problem description with the same game. Turned out one of the optos on the drop-target board needed replaced. (It would pass switch test but would exhibit this same behavior. )

Soldered a new $6.00 on the board and fixed it.

#4 6 years ago

The drops have a flange that passes between two little black boxes as they fall. If you look closely at the boxes, there is a small slit in each one facing each other. That is the "opto" switch. Moisten a Qtip (spit works fine) and slide it into the gap between the boxes, so that it will ride in that slit. Back and forth a few times.

If it continues, you may need to plug up the iron and reflow the solder on that board: the opto points and header pins.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-flintstones-drop-target-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.