Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by CNKay
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Flash_WMA486-2_03.JPG
Flash_WMA486-2_02.JPG
Flash_WMA486-2_01.JPG

#1 4 years ago

Problem solved...thanks for the help

#2 4 years ago

What setting is at for balls per game?

#3 4 years ago

Flas has two sets of settings, some games have green flipper toms, others have a different set of Rome. Each set has a specific set of settings. Setting 18 might be maximum credits on one, and setting 19 on another. Your handbook could lost the wrong set of settings.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Flas has two sets of settings, some games have green flipper toms, others have a different set of Rome. Each set has a specific set of settings. Setting 18 might be maximum credits on one, and setting 19 on another. Your handbook could lost the wrong set of settings.

#5 3 years ago

Follow the ball's path to the trough, maybe there's a switch not triggering to end the ball so when it sees it in the trough it assumes ball 1 has not been kicked out.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from gtown:

Follow the ball's path to the trough, maybe there's a switch not triggering to end the ball so when it sees it in the trough it assumes ball 1 has not been kicked out.

It awards bonus when the ball drains and the ball in play display number goes up....

#7 3 years ago

Pull out the batteries and revert it to factory settings and see if that works. I think Flash has some settings that basically just let you put it at whatever you want even if it's a really big number. (Although you shouldn't), but still. Other than that I guess make sure no ROMs are mixed up or different versions and whatnot. Green and yellow version have different number IDs in the adjustment menus and a lot are switched around.

#8 3 years ago

Sorry I was tired last night, Flash has two sets of Flipper Roms, and Williams changed the settings on the second set of Roms they used when they used the system 6 board set. The settings were like one number off than the previous setting numbers. His setting for balls per game might be at a high number like 20 or 30 instead of 3.

#9 3 years ago

Setting 31 is balls per game, check what that is set at first. If it's set at 3 and still not ending a game, go back in to settings and adjust setting 30 or 32 ( I don't remember if they were off by a higher or lower number) and set that to 3 and see if that ends the game.

#10 3 years ago

Are you sure it's not Lord of the Rings?

#11 3 years ago

Depending upon the flipper/game ROM installed, the balls/game setting is either 31 for the yellow ROMs or 30 for the green ROMs (and later machines - more on this below).

Even though you can set this as a two digit number, the tens digit is ignored. What this means is you can set any number of balls/game from 1-9 and the machine will work until you play that number of balls and then the game will end. This also means that the setting "03", "13", "23", etc will all set the machine for 3 ball play.

The special case here is if you set this to "00", "10", "20", etc. This gives you an infinite number of balls and a never-ending game. In this setting once you get to ball 10 and beyond, the BIP display will go blank.

This is how it works for all games from System 4 to System 9. Yes, try setting adjustment 30 to "00" on Space Shuttle. It will play the game forever. It sounds like you have the number of balls per game set to a "0" value.

Couple other things to note.

Setting 18 throughout this range is always maximum number of credits. Always setting this to a value of "0" will set the machine to free play.

It is possible to use the yellow game ROM with the green flipper ROM (though not advisable) with Flash. The settings would follow the yellow (old) version as outlined in the manual.

Up to setting 24 is the same for both the yellow and green game ROMs in Flash. After that they differ. The details are outlined on the second to last page of the manual on IPDB.

viperrwk

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

Depending upon the flipper/game ROM installed, the balls/game setting is either 31 for the yellow ROMs or 30 for the green ROMs (and later machines - more on this below).
Even though you can set this as a two digit number, the tens digit is ignored. What this means is you can set any number of balls/game from 1-9 and the machine will work until you play that number of balls and then the game will end. This also means that the setting "03", "13", "23", etc will all set the machine for 3 ball play.
The special case here is if you set this to "00", "10", "20", etc. This gives you an infinite number of balls and a never-ending game. In this setting once you get to ball 10 and beyond, the BIP display will go blank.
This is how it works for all games from System 4 to System 9. Yes, try setting adjustment 30 to "00" on Space Shuttle. It will play the game forever. It sounds like you have the number of balls per game set to a "0" value.
Couple other things to note.
Setting 18 throughout this range is always maximum number of credits. Always setting this to a value of "0" will set the machine to free play.
It is possible to use the yellow game ROM with the green flipper ROM (though not advisable) with Flash. The settings would follow the yellow (old) version as outlined in the manual.
Up to setting 24 is the same for both the yellow and green game ROMs in Flash. After that they differ. The details are outlined on the second to last page of the manual on IPDB.
viperrwk

Interesting... Never knew that.. Thanks I am sure one day that will come in handy!

#13 3 years ago

Thanks for the input guys...I will be heading over there this afternoon and will.report back...

#14 3 years ago

Flash_WMA486-2_01.JPG
Flash_WMA486-2_02.JPG
Flash_WMA486-2_03.JPG

#15 3 years ago

You beat me to. I have that printed out inside machine. I know those settings screw me up as well

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 89.99
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside