(Topic ID: 6164)

Williams Flash powers on to 0486 2 (player 1 score) and 04 00 (games/ball)

By Bamaro

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Bamaro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bamaro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

I was having some other issues but I decided to replace the 3 AA batteries on the MPU (system 6) on my Flash game. The old batteries were still good but did this as a preventative measure since they were 3 years old. Played machine for awhile after replacing batteries and shut off. Couple of days later when I turned machine on, the player #1 display shows 0486 00 and the games/ball in display shows 04 00. I removed the batteries and tested them and they are OK. Cleaned the terminals and put the batteries in (all 3 + down) but same problem. Does anybody know what these diagnostic mode codes mean?

#4 12 years ago

jeffc, I checked all 3 batteries with a multimeter and all 3 check out good. Machine was powered on when I changed batteries. Connections are clean and as far as I can see there are no issues with the holder. I read the sections you indicated in my manual but dont understand the testing described pg 25 table 12.
It does seem that it may be related to the battery change but everything seems to be proper.

#8 12 years ago

It never boots to game over mode. I had a couple of other issues before the audit mode problem started. I'm wondering if I might be better off simply replacing the MPU&Driver with one of the new combo boards like Rottendog sells which should hopefully solve all my problems?

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Also, I'd like to mention that the state of the coin door is imporant. I can't remember 100% if it needs to be open or closed for this to work, open I think. If not, try it the other way.

I'll try that

Quoted from examiner:

Based on your symptoms, buying a new $300 boardset would likely fix your problems. But as the others have pointed out, with a little patience we can probably figure it out for less than 1/10th the cost of that. Good luck

If this was my only issue I would agree. I have numerous issues (targets not resetting, some scoring not working, game knocker not working, etc). Once I solve the audit mode I'll still have to address them. Repeated service calls can become expensive. A 32 year old machine can get expensive to maintain so I guess I need to decide whether to get the new board at this time or not. Also, I'm not the greatest with doing clean soldering work.

3 weeks later
#14 12 years ago

Bought the Rottendog MPU327 and it corrected all of my issues.

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

My flash has kinda weak slingshots. I wish I could figure it out. I checked the plunger but no mushrooming. May have to

As far as I know, coils usually work or they dont. If they appear weak I would suspect the power supply or possibly the rod inside the coil is dirty.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bamaro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-flash-powers-on-to-0486-2-player-1-score-and-04-00-gamesball?tu=Bamaro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.