4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by uofmer
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider uofmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 4 years ago

I cleaned my drop targets on my Flash as they would not reset once all knocked down. as you can find on the forums, the drop downs are all connected in series so once all knocked down, they complete the circuit to tell the electronics to fire the solenoid. The horseshoe contacts are pretty sensitive and a couple had to be readjusted after I cleaned them and then they worked.. However, once I put them all back together, I blew up the TIP for the center 3 targets (lots of smoke and the transistor package was blown apart!). Turned out I didn't solder the solenoid wire back to the solenoid - <duh> and the wire shorted to the bracket, so after replacing the TIP, the same thing happened again.... <ugh!> turns out I reversed the wires on the solenoid, so the diode would always conduct and I basically had shorted the 35V though the TIP... Long story short, if your coils are burned or the TIPs are getting blown, make sure the wires are not reversed on the solenoid. I haven't seen a diode failed shorted, but that could also be the case.

It's a great game once it gets working!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider uofmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-flash-pb-machine-drop-targets-ball-return-coils-not-working?tu=uofmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.