4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by uofmer
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stotzbotz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hello friends. I posted a problem with this machine last week before I purchased in and it seems as though I was misled about the problem. What's happening with my Williams Flash is that the Drop targets are not being reset and the ball is not being kicked out of the trough. It appears as though the coils are not firing that perform those functions. The previous owner replaced the coils for the drop targets and replaced the motherboard with no results. He didn't say anything about the trough coil not kicking the ball out. When I first fired this machine up I thought I was smelling something electrical getting too hot. The trough coil did work once before the problem started. I turned the machine off and started touching and smelling everything to see if I could find the problem. Today I took off the cover to expose the coil which will not work at all anymore and the paper cover is all burnt looking much like the other coils that were replaced. There are other coils on the machine that look the same way and are working so this may not be an indication of anything. If anyone could tell me a good way to figure this problem out I would be most grateful. Many thanks in advance.

#3 4 years ago

Yes all fuses good.

#5 4 years ago

I removed the driver board and found 4 TIP120 transistors either cracked or with chunks blown out of them. These are solenoids 1 2 3 4. 1 is a Ball release, 2 Bank reset (Top), 3 Bank reset (Bottom), 4 Bank Reset. Not sure if the transistors are just old and died or if there is an underlying issue that is making them fry. They're so cheap I guess I'll replace them first and see what happens. If anyone thinks that there is something else I should be doing before I replacethem please let me know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Woolwich Township, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stotzbotz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-flash-pb-machine-drop-targets-ball-return-coils-not-working?tu=stotzbotz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.