By StotzBotz

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StotzBotz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hello friends. Just trying to figure out a problem that I inherited when I purchased a Williams Flash pinball machine recently. The coils that reset the drop targets and do the ball release do not fire. When I looked at the driver board initially I saw 3 driver transistors with pieces missing on them so I replaced driver transistors 15,17,19,21,23. These are for coils 1-5 which are the ones not firing. When I turned the machine on you could smell something burning. After inspection the transistor Q21 that fires coil 4 which is a drop target reset coil had a pimple burned into it because of getting very hot. When I take my voltmeter with the driver board out of the machine and put it across the wires going to the coils not firing it appears as though all of the coils are shorted together including the coil that loads the ball for play. When I check the driver board at the solenoid drive connector there are no shorts. All of the coils in question were replaced and so far the diode that goes across the coil at the ball release is not shorted. Would anyone know what I should check for from here? I really want to start enjoying this machine. Thank you so much in advance.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StotzBotz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-flash-pb-coils-not-firing-driver-trans-frying-help?tu=StotzBotz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.