• Latest reply 8 years ago by CNKay
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0799brownplug.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I need help with finding a place to purchase CPU and Driver Board. This is actually the first time buying new parts and replacing them. I do not know squat about electronics. However I do build computers and such. I know the are entirely different. I tried to get ahold of a Pinball repair person here in my hometown. He keeps putting me off. So I gave up and decided to do it myself. My first Pinball project was a total swap out. That was pretty easy.

This Flash machine is going to be totally different. The parts that I have purchased already. New power supply, LED lamp kit, New LED score display kit, plunger, and rubbers. Currently the machine lights do come on (some burned out ) The score display only displays player 1 and only 5 digits. After about 15 minutes all all the scores, ball number, freegame displays goes off. The flippers. Also when it powers up i do not hear the standard bootup where all the drop targets get check with the rest. Sound is only when i shut it off.

I have not installed any of the new parts. So I ask you Pin Restoration Gods. What else? lol

Thank you

Also can you all tell me what this brown round plug in this pic is for? It looks like a 120 volt outlet. Could that be the answer to my Strobe light question? I have seen strobes attached to Flash. IMG_0799brownplug.JPGIMG_0799brownplug.JPG

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from Scrooloose:

Also can you all tell me what this brown round plug in this pic is for? It looks like a 120 volt outlet.

That is the service outlet. It's a 120V outlet to allow a service worker to plug in tools while working on the game. It is supposed to be there, unused, and not likely related to your issues.

#4 8 years ago

Most of the problems with the Williams System 3/7 systems is the 40 pin inter-board connector that connects the two boards on the left side of the back box. First step to resolving issues with these games is to rebuild that connection with new parts.

or

If you just want to replace those boards, Rottendog makes one board that replace both of those boards...

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PC-MPU327

#5 8 years ago

Sweet thanks all. Now time to spend more money. LOL

#6 8 years ago

Pinball PCB makes a great repo driver, mph and power supply board for Flash and other Williams system 6 games. Rottendog also makes a combo CPU/Driver board. Both are great products.http://www.pinballpcb.com
http://rottendog.us/products.html

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Scrooloose:

The score display only displays player 1 and only 5 digits.

Is it displaying like 486 ? Or something ?? If so flip power switch a couple times quickly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-flash-part-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.