(Topic ID: 206682)

Williams Flash High Score

By ChicagoPinReplay

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChicagoPinReplay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hello everyone,

I apologize if this is a newbie issue that I am simply overlooking something on but I have a question about the high score on my recently purchased Flash. The machine always displays the high score as 550,000 which I know is the default setting on the "current high score to date" and "backup high score to date". The issue (maybe not) I am having is that we have surpassed that score many times and it always goes back to displaying 550,000 as the current high score. It will not display/save the new high score that we achieved. The batteries were recently replaced and all of the settings we had previously set stay saved. The only settings we changed was setting to free play and enableing the background sound. Am I missing something? Any insight is greatly appreciated!

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from browbeeter:

Just wondering- did it give the totally different sound when you surpassed the previous high score?

No I do not remember it doing so on any of the occasions to be honest. It just keeps displaying 550,000 as the high score reguardless of how far we surpass it.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from browbeeter:

Could it have something to do w/function 26, note #8?
(See this site for the handbook- http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/871/Williams_1979_Flash_Operators_Handbook.pdf).

Interesting. I must have overlooked that on the adjustments table. I will play with it and see what comes of it. Thank you very much!

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from browbeeter:

Also, function 13 might wrongly be set to 0, per note #5.

I really appreciate the assistance. As soon as I get home this evening I am going to double check the settings and will advise on my findings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChicagoPinReplay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-flash-high-score?tu=ChicagoPinReplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.