You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture2 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
#1 2 years ago

I picked a Flash about a year ago which was a mess and I've been slowly piecing it back together since all the boards were gone and instead of unplugging everything they simply cut the wires. I've made alot of progress with splicing in new wires but I cant seem to finish up two of the connectors one because the schematics I've found have different wiring colors at location 1J4 also I have five wires there that are cut off but the schematic I'm looking at only uses four so I'm also unsure where that additional wire goes. Also I am unsure of the type of Molex connector that is used at 3J1 its a 12 pin but other than that I'm not sure what to get. Any help would be appreciated as I'm nearly finished patching up all the hackery.
Thanks
Jim

#2 2 years ago

I've most of this sorted now.. I'm down to the plug as mentioned before and pinout @ 3J5 which is connected to the main power supply. Its a system four game so the colors on the wiring is different and considering its HV I want to make sure I have it done properly. If anyone has an older williams SS game and can take a look at their machine I'd appreciate it !

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#3 2 years ago

My Flash matches the diagram you posted.

#4 2 years ago

What color is the additional wire?

#5 2 years ago

I've got the extra wire figured out but I'm still stuck on getting the HV sorted. My wires are like the second image So I'm not 100% sure on how to wire it up. It's mainly the -100V that has me confused. I have the black and the grey hooked up as well as the 100VDC it mainly the -100V and how on one end it is used and the other it is not but I'm guessing that it has to do with the differences between a system 4 and a system 6 game. So basically what pin gets the white with black strip and which pin get the orange at the 3J5? or do they both go in that same pin?

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPGCapture2 (resized).JPGCapture2 (resized).JPG

#6 2 years ago

The displays require BOTH the +100 and -100 volts to operate. If either voltage is missing, there will be no displays.

#7 2 years ago

I understand that Ken the harness was all hacked up with about 8 connectors cut off so I've been repairing it and I wasn't sure how the -100v was connected at the power supply I've got it now I'm just waiting for parts for the plug off the transformer

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from junkyardjedi:

So basically what pin gets the white with black strip and which pin get the orange at the 3J5? or do they both go in that same pin?

They are both connected to pin3 on my Flash.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-flash-hacked-harness-repair-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.