Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by koji
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I bought my first pin today a flash by Williams.
The left flipper barley moves so from reading I have decided to rebuild the flippers but the kits I’ve found are for the 2 main flippers.
Do I not bother with the 3rd one on the top right? Or does someone have a kit to do all 3?

#2 3 years ago

Pinballlife.com sells flipper rebuild kits In pairs or you can just buy a left or right. Maybe order 2 rights, a left and the respective coils?

https://www.pinballlife.com/williams-flipper-rebuild-kit-041969-to-121979.html

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Bloodsin:

I bought my first pin today a flash by Williams.
The left flipper barley moves so from reading I have decided to rebuild the flippers but the kits I’ve found are for the 2 main flippers.
Do I not bother with the 3rd one on the top right? Or does someone have a kit to do all 3?

I would do the 3 personally. I have owned the game, and worked on the flippers extensively. The 3rd flipper is a key to this game, and you want it to have decent power.

*HOWEVER*

Before ordering a rebuld kit, I would recommend attempting to clean up and get them working as best you can to being with.

At worst, you become more familiar with the assembly, so you can set up the rebuild better. You may also find other underlying issues that require attention i.e., maybe there is no sufficient voltage.. who knows.. you really need to try to get it working before just buying parts, or you could end up throwing an inordinate amount of $ at the machine

-------

At best, you may find that you can get them working fine, as what I did. The OE set up is not the best, but can be fine for the game, particularly if you replace the bracketted flipper assembly with a pure plastic flipper.. it reduces weight and makes them a bit snappier.

If I were going to throw money at flippers, I might consider the WPC flipper mod that you may find much infromation on this site about.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-flash-flipper-rebuild-2-or-3?hl=spinout and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.