(Topic ID: 246159)

Williams Flash Displays out after buying Driver Board. Coincidence?

By StotzBotz

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by StotzBotz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stotzbotz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hello Folks. I recently have been having Driver board problems with my Williams Flash machine. I decided to purchase another Driver board from someone on Ebay with excellent feedback who claimed it worked 100%. The first day I had it hooked up my machine did something really strange after being on all day. The displays all started blinking double zeroes 00 and the coils were pulsing about once every 3 seconds. I turned the machine off and on a couple of times then everything went back to normal except it appeared to reset to factory settings as my Free Play went away and 5 balls went back to 3. I reset everything then played off and on all day yesterday without incident.

Today I turned on the machine and played several games then went outside for an hour. I came in and went up to play and noticed all of the displays were dead and only a few lights were lit up. You pressed the Start button and nothing would happen. I turned the machine off, waited about a half hour, turned it back on and everything was working again. the machine was still in Free Play and 5 ball play. I'm wondering if the Driver board I purchased could be defective and is causing this or is it a power supply capacitor issue or something. Such strange things happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#3 4 years ago

All DC voltages listed in the manual are good coming out of the power supply and all that are listed for the motherboard are good. 5 volts is present

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stotzbotz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-flash-displays-out-after-buying-driver-board-coincidence?tu=stotzbotz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.