Zapcon_cw1.jpg
Flash3179_Backglass_small.jpg
Gameroom2013.jpg
Neon_Lights.jpg
Whole_New_Plyfield.jpg
New_plastics2.jpg
New_plastics1.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I just wanted to share my custom pinball work. I know I had a few dozen questions when going about re-making the playfield and backglass. So I wrote up a one page web page to share my experiences. I hope you like it . Thanks. CW Here's the link:

http://flashredo.weebly.com/

New_plastics1.jpgNew_plastics1.jpg New_plastics2.jpgNew_plastics2.jpg Whole_New_Plyfield.jpgWhole_New_Plyfield.jpg

#3 11 years ago

Wow! Fantastic job! I may even like it more than the original. I always though the artwork on the playfield was a bit busy.

#4 11 years ago

That's crazy man. It looks awesome. Nice work!

#5 11 years ago

Wow! Nice write-up and great work!

#6 11 years ago

What does the 'Shoot Again' insert between the flippers look like?

#7 11 years ago

Nice work! Thx for posting..

#8 11 years ago

Wow. THAT looks KILLER!!!

#9 11 years ago

Wow, thanks people. These comments really help (I show them to my wife). By the way, most of the images on the web site can be enlarged by clicking them. I know I strain my eyes trying to see the details.

#10 11 years ago

Great work best flash I have seen! Man this week I have seen the best Xenon, BH, and Flash!

#11 11 years ago

Amazing work! A friend and I are thinking about doing something similar.

#12 11 years ago

Amazing work, thanks for the link to the website.

I have thought about doing this for many years, you make it look easy.

Robert

#13 11 years ago

Now if I can only light it up like that BAdass Xenon on eBay. If anyone has a Xenon in poor condition I would be willing to talk.

#14 11 years ago

Very Nice!
Not a fan of the shirtless dude original.

1 year later
#15 10 years ago

Update: I just found the name of the font used on the Flash playfield and backglass. It's called Neon Lights. I've been looking all over for it. Would see it pop up on 8-Tracks, old T-Shirts, and even a sub sandwich wrapper. If I only had it a year ago. I ended up vectorizing some of the letters and numbers one dot at a time in photoshop. Took a really long time. This site is blocking my upload, I can send the font thru e-mail if anyone needs it. Here's a pic:

Neon_Lights.jpgNeon_Lights.jpg

#16 10 years ago

Did you do the backglass as well? That is one sweet looking playfield...

#17 10 years ago

very nice! Great job on that.

#18 10 years ago

Simply stunning. That is the nicest custom pin I have ever seen! Kudos to you and your abilities. Absolutely amazing!

#19 10 years ago

That's awesome! Nice darn job! Thanks for sharing!~SpOoKy

#20 10 years ago

Thanks again, took it to the Zapcon pinball show here in Phoenix back in April. A little nervous (pinball crowds can be tough) but I got good feedback.

Gameroom2013.jpgGameroom2013.jpg Flash3179_Backglass_small.jpgFlash3179_Backglass_small.jpg

#21 10 years ago

Awesome job! You have real talent!

Mike

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from cwg29:

Thanks again, took it to the Zapcon pinball show here in Phoenix back in April. A little nervous (pinball crowds can be tough) but I got good feedback.

I think I'm the tough audience you're talking about! I like things to be original, all incandescent, toy and mod free. That's just my taste, not knocking anyone else's preferences. Also Flash was my first game, so I'd be especially prickled by a re-theme.

SCREW IT YOUR FLASH WAS AWESOMMMMMMEEEEEEE; I played it like 75 times. Look forward to seeing it again, just so interesting! My precious Flash is garbage compared to yours, haha.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from cwg29:

Update: I just found the name of the font used on the Flash playfield and backglass. It's called Neon Lights. I've been looking all over for it. Would see it pop up on 8-Tracks, old T-Shirts, and even a sub sandwich wrapper. If I only had it a year ago. I ended up vectorizing some of the letters and numbers one dot at a time in photoshop. Took a really long time. This site is blocking my upload, I can send the font thru e-mail if anyone needs it. Here's a pic:

Oooh rad find on this font, too! I (lazily) always wondered where I could find it.

#24 10 years ago

I think I'm the tough audience you're talking about! I like things to be original, all incandescent, toy and mod free. That's just my taste, not knocking anyone else's preferences. Also Flash was my first game, so I'd be especially prickled by a re-theme.
SCREW IT YOUR FLASH WAS AWESOMMMMMMEEEEEEE; I played it like 75 times. Look forward to seeing it again, just so interesting! My precious Flash is garbage compared to yours, haha.

Careful, your inflating my EGO! Look it's so big I was caught playing my own machine at ZAPCON. (I do not know the person who took this photo)

Zapcon_cw1.jpgZapcon_cw1.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Woolwich Township, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-flash-custom-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.