• Latest reply 9 years ago by kbliznick
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RIMG0001.jpg
flash 4 sale 021.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kbliznick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

Going to say this is normal. Can you post a video?

If it does turn out to be an abnormal amount I would make sure that the flipper EOS switches aren't stuck closed. Are the flippers smoking hot after playing for a few minutes?

Only other things I can think of would be a failing Coil Bridge or Transformer. The coil bridge is on the wall in the backbox and not on a circuit board. It's just to the right of the 3 fuses and to the left of the lamp bridge. Easy to replace. Just a screw and 4 spade terminals.

Not sure that I've ever seen a bad transformer.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

I just played Flash and noticed very faint flashing of the GI with the flippers, I wouldn't have noticed it if I was not looking for it. Seems normal to some degree but I don't think a lot would be normal.

Almost every pin every made can do this, some worse than others, and the older the pin the more it seems it does it. Have seen WPC machines do this. Haven't really noticed on newer Sterns.

2 months later
#18 9 years ago
Quoted from wizard1969:

When the pop bumpers light up (for bonus), the lights for the pop bumpers are pulsing. Is that normal?

not really, Controlled lamps normally do not pulse. How noticeable is the pulse? Usually 1 of 2 things is occurring when controlled lamps pulse.

#1 when they ALL pulse (not just most, but 100% all) then you have a bad lamp capacitor (the super large one) and/or a bad bridge

#2 when only some pulse (usually in groups of 8 ) there can be a miswired lamp somewhere. All controlled lamps should have a diode on the socket, sometimes the diodes are left off or wired to the socket incorrectly or a wire falls off a socket and gets wired up to the wrong lug on the socket.

Does Flash allow you to test each lamp by itself in diagnostics? If so run this test and make sure only 1 lamp lights at a time.

#22 9 years ago

That pulsing is pretty minor, maybe add an extra cap to the large cap. When I have seen the large cap fail, the pulsing is much slower but has a much greater effect where they pulse about 1 second apart and the pulse is so great that the lights turn all the way off.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Mrjamma:

The general illumination is 6.3 VAC. It is strictly AC, not DC and doesn't run through the Big Cap at all. It is from the transformer to a fuse holder and then to the playfield. Connectors and the Fuse holder are a place to have a voltage drop.

Pop bumpers lamps in Flash are controlled lamps (thus DC through the big cap)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kbliznick.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-flash-blinking-gi?tu=kbliznick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.