Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Onevox
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

First machine. The Advance button and auto/manual switch on the coin door don't do anything. No lights outs, no change in the displays at all. The pin doesn't seem to auto cycle on start up either. Does this signal anything? Hopefully the answer is reasonably simple.

Perhaps this is clue: first start up always gets the PROM code in player one. Second start up appears to start pin normally, without the auto cycle.

#2 8 years ago

Sounds like it's coming up in audits mode. Check the batteries / battery holder on MPU; most likely your problem. Go to Vid's guide on Williams system 3-7 bulletproofing for further details; he will not steer you wrong.

#3 8 years ago

Big thank you, CT. In the week I've owned a pin, I've learned one thing: don't assume anything. I picked up some AA's from my workbench thinking they were good. They weren't. So the diagnostics are working now. Now on to understand what the diagnostics tell me: all lights flash on test, but not in play mode, ball release solenoid works on test but not in play, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Woolwich Township, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-flash-auto-cycle-doesnt-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.