You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1097 (resized).jpg
IMG_1099 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Hi Friends ,

my uncle give me this nice Pinball as a present , nobody played it for years and it stand in his Basement .
Last week i put it on all lamps are good and the sound too , i can play it , it works well till i change the batterys (they were too old). The Machine was on when i changed them. I put the Pinball off and on again . After that all lights on the edge doesnt work , only on the playfield (See picture) . Second problem is that the bumpers(Solenoid) dont work anymore and the machine dont give me the ball to play . I think something in the settings are not right . The Diagnostic Mode doesnt Help , Lamps on the playfield are goin not the lamps on the Edge , Bumpers doesnt work , Sound works well.

I Need Help my friends .

Greetings from Germany

IMG_1099 (resized).jpgIMG_1099 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Sounds like you got a bunch of connector issues buddy. Not the settings.

Check all the connectors, including the loose molex and the crimps over by the big can capacitor, and make sure they are all in the boards and each other nice and firm. You'll probably have to replace some in the long run.

#3 6 years ago

You Posted this in the EM Tech Forum,
You need the Solid State Forum.
Great Machine!

#4 6 years ago

It sounds like something shorted when you changed the batteries. One of the transistors or SCRs might be bad. Do you have a manual / schematic for the machine? If not, there is one available on IPDB;

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/871/Williams_1979_Flash_Manual.pdf

As phil-lee mentioned, post this issue in the Early Solid State forum and we'll meet you over there with some more suggestions:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/tech-early-80s-solid-state

#5 6 years ago

If the lamps under the plastics are out those are GI general Illumination. The lamps under number inserts are CPU controlled. Looks like those are on and if dancing in attract mode is a good sign.

Do you know what system board you have 3-6? Yellow flipper roms or Green? As setting in adjustment handbook changed depending on the color.

Post a picture or two of the boards.

Check all fuses for proper value and continuity with a digital multimeter.

#6 6 years ago

Thanks for the Help Friends , i will check it today .

Here a Picture from the system board .

IMG_1097 (resized).jpgIMG_1097 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Woolwich Township, NJ
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-flash-7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.