Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Manny65
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a 1980 Williams Firepower that works well... but when you hit certain pop bumpers or evensome of the targets it constantly says the phrase "you won one mission" whuch it is only supposed to say when you get an extra ball. The game plays fine and seems to score correctly but is very anniying with the repeating phrase. I am somewhat new to pinball repair so any help would be appreciated. I thought that maybe the dip switches on the mpu are in the wrong positions but i can't seem to find a schematic for the switch positions. Thanks in advance!

#2 3 years ago

This sounds like my very first pinside post. Might be some useful stuff here for you to look at. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-gorgar-gorgar-ect-ect

#3 3 years ago

Thanks Dozer, I will definitely look into it.

#4 3 years ago

Repin sound board headers

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkenslaved:

Thanks Dozer, I will definitely look into it.

Yes. The main thing is the "bulletproofing" thread. If your Firepower hasn't had most or all of this bulletproofing done, it will be one glitch like this after another most likely. The reliability is much, much better after this. There are several good board guys out there that do this if you are not comfortable with board work.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-bulletproofing-williams-system-6

3 months later
#6 3 years ago

Darkenslaved did you ever get this issue sorted out?

Mine say "You won one mission" when playing games after just having turned the machine on, however if you leave it on and later start a game it'll be fine. I'll take a read on Vid's bullet proofing but just wondering how you got on

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-firepower-repeating-you-won-one-mission?hl=oilspot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.