Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Buzz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Hi Everyone!

I am new to pinball collecting and recently purchased a Firepower 2 machine off Ebay. When I picked the machine up it was working...now that it was moved to my house it has stopped working. The machine will power on, I get a few seconds to a minute of sound, when you try to start a game nothing happens. The first time I turned it on the flippers worked, now they do not work. Any help would be awesome, if you need more information I will do my best to provide it. This is all new to me but I look forward to learning about it.

#2 6 years ago

Push on all your connectors something probably came loose. Report back the good or bad, and we will go from there.

#3 6 years ago

Are there credits in it?

#4 6 years ago

I adjusted the setting to be free play. I will push all the connections and make sure nothing came loose. Thanks for the suggestions, I will let you know if it gets me anywhere.

#5 6 years ago

And make sure the coin door is closed that kills all the power to your coils. My brand new WOZ didn't work when I unboxed it. I had to bend the metal to engage the switch when door closed.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

And make sure the coin door is closed that kills all the power to your coils. My brand new WOZ didn't work when I unboxed it. I had to bend the metal to engage the switch when door closed.

Not on system 7's

#7 6 years ago

No luck adjusting the connections. After reading some other threads on various sites I am starting to think there is something wrong with the 40 pin connector from the CPU/ MPU and driver boards. I am very new to this so sorry if my terminology is wrong. The machine will still power on but the only thing that is working is the GI. Any thoughts?

#8 6 years ago

Time to check all your fuses. Take them out and Ohm them out as well as check for proper size. Report back with good or bad.

#9 6 years ago

I don't own a fuse puller, any tips for removing the fuse without breaking/damaging them? I do own a digital multi-meter so I will be able to check them.

#10 6 years ago

Use a small flat head screwdriver or I use some bent nose tweezers. Anything to give you some leverage. They are in tight so be careful. I push the fuse down a little and pry gently on the end that is now not as much in the holder.

#11 6 years ago

Every time I nick my hand, I think why haven't I tried a fuse puller. Buss has one that pulls and tests in one unit. I just fixed and went through 3 pins, it would have been money well spent probably. LOL

#12 6 years ago

Have you checked voltages on the power supply board? There should be test points you can check with your meter. Definitely want to make sure everything is good there before proceeding.

#13 6 years ago

Voltages reading at Pin 6(12vdc unregulated) 14vdc and Pin 7( 5vdc regulated) 4.96vdc both feeding the MPU, so those look okay. My fuse puller will arrive today, I was being a chicken and was worried about breaking something trying to pull them. I will try to check them tonight.

#14 6 years ago

*Update* game is up and running. Cleaned all the EPROMs, the legs all had a lot of oxidation on them, checked the 40 pin interconnect and all pins are intact and solder looked good. Replaced the battery holder with a remote battery holder as it was corroded. Re-soldered the left side of the driver board as many pins solders looked questionable. Checked all the fuses...someone replaced most of them with the wrong amps (20A in a 2.5A!!!!) Game booted and played, noticed the right flipper was sluggish, and checked under the PF, and the switch that told the board if it was in high/low voltage was broken off. Replaced the switch and everything seems like it is working well for the moment. Thanks everyone for all your help!

#15 6 years ago

Right on congratulations.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-firepower-2-tech-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.