Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by swillie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have searched high and low for a part number for my Firepower 2 flipper return frames and can't find one. As a ball was going through mine just now, it fell out. It looks like there was a blue plastic insert that holds the wire frame in place that was old and crumbled. Any thoughts on replacement or a part number for the right and left side? I found this website but I don't know what to order because I don't have part numbers. http://passionforpinball.com/FlipFrames.htm

I appreciate any help!

Mike

#2 6 years ago

A-8108-R
B-8239

According to the parts manual on the PPS website.

EDIT: Sorry I thought you wanted Firepower. As LTG said, email Cliff and ask him. If he hasn't reproduced them yet you can send in your originals and he will repro them.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from PBMike:

I appreciate any help!

That is Cliffy's site. Email him for help.

LTG : )

#4 6 years ago

Thanks LTG and dothedoo, I sent Cliffy an email just now.

#5 6 years ago

Cliffy just makes the flat guides. He said he wouldn’t be sure what would perfectly replace the wire ones that I have that he makes. Does anyone know what the plastic insert is called that holds the wire ones in place? Or other ideas?

#6 6 years ago

I guess I don't know what piece you're talking about. I just looked at IPDB and it looks like the wireforms just get hammered into the wood. Are these plastic pieces in the playfield or underneath?

#7 6 years ago

Maybe this was someone’s homemade fix at some point. They are in the hole in the playfield. To give example I would say it most closely resembles a drywall screw anchor.

#8 6 years ago

not sure if this is of any help - see the first 2 items on this batch of parts

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=firepower+pinball

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from PBMike:

Maybe this was someone’s homemade fix at some point. They are in the hole in the playfield. To give example I would say it most closely resembles a drywall screw anchor.

I'd agree with you there. Probably the best solution would be to fill in the holes with epoxy or similar and drill new holes the correct size.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

not sure if this is of any help - see the first 2 items on this batch of parts
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=firepower+pinball

You did what I did and read this as Firepower instead of Firepower 2. The return lanes are wireforms in FP2 instead of stainless frames.

#11 6 years ago

sorry, not familiar with the games and sorry it was of now help

#12 6 years ago

Just thicker guage wire forms on mine, pressed into holes in the playfield like you would expect. A picture would help but does sound like they were loose and some previous owner drilled it out and used an anchor. I agree, fill with epoxy, maybe mixed with wood shavings. Or maybe better yet use a small wood dowel, like from a kebob skewer and epoxy or wood glue that into the hole. Redrill new holes, do a bit of touchup and spot clear, than reinstall wireforms.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-firepower-2-flipper-return-frames and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.