Dscf4671_(resized).jpg
Dscf4667_(resized).jpg
Dscf4670_(resized).jpg
Dscf4668_(resized).jpg
Dscf4665_(resized).jpg
Dscf4666_(resized).jpg
Dscf4664_(resized).jpg
Dscf4663_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harried.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#182 8 years ago

I'm starting restoration on my fire in a short while and i'm wondering if i should remove the mylar.

Do you want to share your files with me??

2 months later
#241 8 years ago

Very nice work man, very inspiring.
I'm busy with my own fire at this moment, jusr stripped the whole playfield clean and started with the mylar removal, fortunately things look well on that matter, no damage on the fire insert. I'm a little scared off the large building part, will do that tomorrow. Which brings me to: do you want to share your files so i won't have to recreate them?
Thanks in advance.

#243 8 years ago

Thanks man. Appreciate it. Will let you know how the complete mylar removal went. Just removed all the adhesive residue and found that the fire insert have 4 screw like thingies in the corners. Do you know what those are??

IMG_0296[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_0296[1]_(resized).JPG

#246 8 years ago

Time to dust of the airbrush I guess. Got half of the mylar of the building with almost no lift of the artwork. Ran out of freeze spray so the rest of the building must wait until later this week.

2 pics:

IMG_0309[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_0309[1]_(resized).JPG

IMG_0310[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_0310[1]_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#260 8 years ago

Can you make a detail foto from those plastics? I will check mine and send you a pic of them. I'm curious if mine have the same issues. Got mine from bay amusements.

#263 8 years ago

Hmmpf. Mine too unfortunately. The numbering is upside down as well. Plastic is lying with the printed part at the bottom.

IMG_0448[1]_(resized).JPGIMG_0448[1]_(resized).JPG

#274 8 years ago

Can you see where it leads to in the backbox? One wire is grey/yellow, what's the color of the other wire?

#275 8 years ago

Window and Fire flashers according to the manual. Hope this helps.

#276 8 years ago

fire_(resized).jpgfire_(resized).jpg

#277 8 years ago

Another question: what did you do with the ladder decal, did you change that or was it good enough you could leave it?

#281 8 years ago

I don't have the backbox at home so I couldn't check the harness in the backbox but I checked all 3 wire harnesses to the playfield (lights, switches and coils-flashers) but cannot find a grey/yellow and black/yellow cable connector. Will check the backbox next time I'm at my friends house.

#282 8 years ago

Another suggestion: from the manual you can see that the fire/window flashers are multiplexed with the left ramp lower coil. If you run the test the left ramp lower test is the 7th test (4A) and the flashers are next. Is this true in the test? Does the fire/window flashers come directly after the left ramp is lowered or is something else missing?

#283 8 years ago

Just checked mine at my friends house. I think mine isn't connected too for i can't find anything to connect it to. Just leave it hangin'

#299 8 years ago

That's bad. Take care, hope he gets well soon.

1 week later
#316 8 years ago

Damn man, how about being lucky and unlucky at the same time. Glad you had to get that blanket. I only hope the water didn't had a chance to crawl into the cabinet's wood and will cause some issues in the future.

How's your dog doing?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harried.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-restoration?tu=harried and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.