Dscf4671_(resized).jpg
Dscf4667_(resized).jpg
Dscf4670_(resized).jpg
Dscf4668_(resized).jpg
Dscf4665_(resized).jpg
Dscf4666_(resized).jpg
Dscf4664_(resized).jpg
Dscf4663_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Radius118.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Just a small update. I sprayed what I hoped would be the last coat of clear yesterday. I wet sanded today and after using 600 to try and level everything I took a magnifying glass and went over all the edges of the big fire decal. I saw one little micro area that it looks like I got too and took a sliver of black off (easy fix) but that leaves no room for the rest of the sanding to make the playfield ready to buff to a mirror shine. That means one more coat of clear and it should be finished.
I sanded the flame a little more than I normally would have but I was really trying to get everything level. The good news is that I am 100% confident that the next coat is it and it will be a level playfield and ready to assemble. The small flame decal that had to be replaced also turned out great and now that area is level and you cant tell that it was replaced.
I should get the final coat on next Wednesday when I get back from my trip. I am really looking forward to putting this thing together. I have some ideas that I am wanting to try to fix the building plastics that are broken that I think will look real nice and professional.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

600 is too coarse to use for wetsanding. Even 800 is pushing it and you'd only use that if you needed to remove a lot of material.

You will lose 1-3 coats of clear getting a playfield flat after clearing depending on how bad it was to start with. So make sure you put down enough coats to account for this. Otherwise you will just break through again.

Start with 1000 grit, then go to 1500 and finally 2000. It is very time consuming to do it right. If you don't you'll still have sanding scratches show up during buffing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Radius118.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-restoration?tu=Radius118 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.