Dscf4671_(resized).jpg
Dscf4667_(resized).jpg
Dscf4670_(resized).jpg
Dscf4668_(resized).jpg
Dscf4665_(resized).jpg
Dscf4666_(resized).jpg
Dscf4664_(resized).jpg
Dscf4663_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Curbfeeler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 9 years ago

This is so inspiring! I'm just getting started restoring my games one by one. Thanks for documenting this. Best possible way to learn.

Dan

1 week later
#117 9 years ago

Not sure if this will help you at all, but I often scan swatches of dry mixed paint directly on the playfield and hit them with my dropper tool in photoshop, comparing to the original paint. The change in RGB values or the way it moves in color wheel will often tell me color info that I'd miss with the naked eye. Wondering if you could create a decal that's just several small swatches of solid gray at various percentage changes of various colors for this kind of a purpose. Just a thought. Love this thread, by the way!

Dan

4 months later
#136 9 years ago

Super! Great job on the clear. I would love to see a pic at an angle of how those fire vinyl inserts turned out. Curious how the clear reacts to a lip like that.

Dan

10 months later
#249 8 years ago

Been watching this thread since the start, really love what you're doing. I had a Fire! for a short time with building issues and had a number of ideas for how to solve. I bought plastics from CPR and was baffled by how little actually came in the package. I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize all my broken stuff was building-related and not covered by their repro.

One idea I'd had was to make all new flat plastics and to replace all the buildings with model railroad buildings. Something like these...

http://www.hobbylinc.com/bar-mills-majestic-hardware-kit-n-scale-model-railroad-building-941
http://www.hobbylinc.com/bar-mills-saulenas-tavern-laser-cut-wood-kit-n-scale-model-railroad-building-931

Never really followed through on it, though, had too many pins and sold it

Dan

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Curbfeeler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-restoration?tu=Curbfeeler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.