(Topic ID: 277008)

Williams Fire plastics

By arcadebeast

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can buy the plastic buildings?? Thanks

#2 3 years ago

I don't think anywhere, unless you want the main building in the middle.

#3 3 years ago

That’s not good. Lol
    Should I put a wanted add up?

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcadebeast:

Should I put a wanted add up?

Can't hurt. Post #2 says it all though.

#5 3 years ago

They're out there. I've seen individual pieces pop up in pinside from time to time.

#6 3 years ago

I’d love to see these remade.... although I bet it would be very complicated/hard.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I bet it would be very complicated/hard.

Well they pulled it off in '87.. I know what you mean though. There is the vacuum forming, cutting out, brown ink or paint process, decal making and installing. The decals would be labor intensive to install, so they should just include them on a sheet and the customer installs them. There are many decals, so that would be quite a job.
    Not sure when the brown painting would be done. This could all be done easily enough by the right guy or company. It probably has to be done for the love of pinball vs. the prospects of making big money and that is always a big obstacle.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from dozer1:

Well they pulled it off in '87.. I know what you mean though. There is the vacuum forming, cutting out, brown ink or paint process, decal making and installing. The decals would be labor intensive to install, so they should just include them on a sheet and the customer installs them. There are many decals, so that would be quite a job.
    Not sure when the brown painting would be done. This could all be done easily enough by the right guy or company. It probably has to be done for the love of pinball vs. the prospects of making big money and that is always a big obstacle.

yeah, I concur. I typed but then deleted, maybe someone could figure out a 3d printer version. Not sure if they have opaque colors etc. But multi color printing is getting better. The vacuum form wouldn't be much harder than people that redo ramps, it would be coloring...and if even someone could make the clear or base color forms....people could hand paint or decal etc...be a good place to start. I'd like a fire! but man it would be nice to have replacement parts

#9 3 years ago

I was chatting with someone who was missing so many pieces out of several buildings, he was considering flat plastic, with Railroad Model Buildings...Lit up, or on fire, they would look really cool, if done right....

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I was chatting with someone who was missing so many pieces out of several buildings, he was considering flat plastic, with Railroad Model Buildings...Lit up, or on fire, they would look really cool, if done right....

That would work! I’d like to see the finished result. A Fire mod!

#11 3 years ago

Railroad building Never thought of that. I would love to that.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Quoted from ToucanF16:

That would work! I’d like to see the finished result. A Fire mod!

Quoted from arcadebeast:

Railroad building Never thought of that. I would love to that.

I think with the buildings and fire leds, it could be awesome looking!

#13 3 years ago

arcadebeast , there’s a guy in PA selling a Fire cabinet. Should have everything you need. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fire-38#post-5848367

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

arcadebeast , there’s a guy in PA selling a Fire cabinet. Should have everything you need. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fire-38#post-5848367

PA/ RI, hopefully we can make a love connection here.

#15 3 years ago

I sent him a message Just waiting for reply. Thanks

#16 3 years ago

Hey arcadebeast if you end up getting the whole cabinet PM me. I'd be willing to pay you just for the skillshot plastic off of it. Thanks

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcadebeast:

I sent him a message Just waiting for reply. Thanks

I wrote him about an hour before you and never heard back.
    He may have been flooded with emails.

#19 3 years ago

I don’t know. But what do u need on it. Maybe we can work something out.

#20 3 years ago

If I end up with it which I doubt as I haven't heard back from him I will reach out to you.

#21 3 years ago

Ok thanks I’ll do the same.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-plastics-?hl=arcadebeast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.