image (resized).jpg
IMG_9373 (resized).jpeg
fire_brackets_7.25.23 (resized).jpg
IMG_3253 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3251 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3252 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3250 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3247 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhaven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#810 2 years ago
Quoted from Shabazz18:

I haven't been paying attention, but I'm in

Quoted from toyotaboy:

Last check-in, there was only 4 people on the list:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-club/page/15#post-5902789
I usually like to run 8-9 sets for cost efficiency.. I would probably kick it off if I got 6 committed because I could at least break even and anything beyond that would be spares.

I would be in for a set, just joined the club and won’t be playing the game at all until I can address this spot on both sides which are cracked and near complete failure. Patience right?

1 week later
#816 2 years ago

Congrats on the purchase! Classic playfields has the full plastic set, I just ordered mine a few days ago. You might also consider getting in on the next bracket run from Toyotaboy a few posts back, a must-have part IMO.

2 weeks later
#824 2 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Fire! Got a little NVRam love tonight. No more AA's for this Fire!

Very nice! How hard was the soldering work?

2 weeks later
#830 2 years ago

Prepping for my brackets arrival later today......found this under the right side housing. Am I missing some factory part here? Looks like there was once something screwed down to play field between the ball catch hole and the kick out gate.

932FD1D0-80D0-46B0-B2C1-893955533731 (resized).jpeg932FD1D0-80D0-46B0-B2C1-893955533731 (resized).jpegB4C1D5E2-59EA-4EB3-979E-305EBD6E502C (resized).jpegB4C1D5E2-59EA-4EB3-979E-305EBD6E502C (resized).jpeg
#831 2 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Is this normal? Its broken, but it seems like it may have been intentional since the ball kicks over this thing to get out. is it just there to help the ball stay in the scoop?
[quoted image]

Ignore my last post I found the answer in another older post pic......gotta love pinside-

1 week later
#843 2 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Does anyone have these 3 new cpr plastics to sell that has 1/8” holes?
These 3 cpr repros have 3/16” holes and are too large for the rivet heads.
[quoted image]

Washer behind the rivet should work if it won’t hold without it? You can always drill it out if you don’t like the visual.

1 month later
#851 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Mine appears to be AE-23-800-03. I’m not sure what difference the 02 vs 03 makes. There isn’t anything in the way, it’s kicking but just isn’t quite strong enough to get the ball over that metal lip. I’m not against ordering a new coil and trying my hand at a replacement, just wasn’t sure if there was some way to adjust the power of the current one or anything like that. Also, I put on your brackets earlier today!
[quoted image]

My game has that bracket removed from the play field completely, doesn’t seem to impact game play.

7 months later
#897 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Just about 700 shipped for the left house and two horseshoe houses. Unbelievable, but it happend.
Part of me thinks it would have been cheaper to find a better Fire!, than buy these. Marry two machines into 1 good one, sell the left over machine.
I know, I did this year's ago.

Or part out my two that I was gonna do that with!

C48DA62E-C79A-45C8-A149-E89D16CD1CC2 (resized).jpegC48DA62E-C79A-45C8-A149-E89D16CD1CC2 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#917 1 year ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Here is the picture of the damage, if you’re able to do anything, it would be very much appreciated. I will definitely order supports as for the moment the other side is not cracked. Also, can someone take a picture of the right side lock mechanism? Mine had a deflector on it but it looks like it makes it impossible for the ball to escape?
[quoted image]

That’s very unfortunate, sorry to say. There is a small stopper in the right side lock that can be removed if you’re having issues without much impact to gameplay, if you’re talking about a little metal bracket that stops the ball and the kicker has to clear it for the ball to release. My first Fire didn’t have it (just the screw holes) and everything worked fine. The longer term solution would be to shop out the game and get that kicker working properly, but I wouldn’t spend much time on that until you find a building replacement.

FWIW these buildings are getting harder and harder to fix and replace. I wanted to work out a 3D printer solution but too many other projects and priorities have kept me from working on my Fire projects thus far. Good luck with getting the game running, it’s a classic!

#919 1 year ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I figured it was supposed to jump after the fact. I have some solenoids not working that I am sure are tied to something blown. Haven’t tested yet but the ones I know for sure aren’t firing are the outhole, ball trough, right lock, the ramps seem to be able to drop but not raise. The left lock works, flipper work, both sets of slings work. I’m sure there are flashers not working related to the solenoids too but haven’t done a full test.

Here’s the piece I’m referring to:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-club/page/12#post-4819413

1 month later
#929 1 year ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Shoutout to toyotaboy for helping me make progress on this thing! With the custom PETG he sent, I was able to trim new plastic and match up to old plastic to recreate my missing bridge piece! Will have to plastic weld it to make a smooth transition but on the way to having a functional game!
[quoted image]

That is awesome, kudos to toyotaboy for continuing to keep the dream alive for so many of these games........your dedication to a game that passed through your collection really says a lot about your passion for the hobby and commitment to the community!

5 months later
#955 1 year ago

I played a TON of fire on location when it first came out. A few years later I ran across a champagne edition in the wild and was like WTF did they do to my favorite game? I honestly hated it. Just funny now that they’re so few and far between they are coveted a bit.

1 month later
#977 1 year ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

So, I had this random brainstorm last night. with such advancement in technology and 3d printers, We need a mod to make updated new buildings for Fire! Think how awesome they could be. and we could save whats left of our original ones.
vid for example

I’ve considered it, the parts would have to be broken down into modular sections to fit most printing beds. It would be a pretty significant investment in running lots of large test prints and lots of printer time. Pricing as a mod would be higher than the value for this game I am afraid, and might have some licensing concerns.

3 months later
#1011 10 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Thanks to Quadrider for tracing the plastics and shipping me the paper, starting to scan them in and create 3D models. Had to import my support brackets to fill in missing geometry from his cracked plastic. Plan is to model new buildings that will be 3d printed and attached to new lasercut PETG plastics. This way if buildings ever get damaged they are replaceable. I'm likely going to update the buildings a bit, possibly add flame LED's inside.
[quoted image]

Seems like a worthy cause.......hope it goes well!!

Pay attention to the total thickness and alignment to the balcony ramps, that is probably the biggest challenge in getting this mod to work well IMO.

1 month later
#1022 8 months ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Took my buildings off to fix a few things and install those awesome brackets. Now after reinstall the ball is jumping over the barrier instead of going to the lock ball spots Anyone ever have this issue? I think I can add some washers under plastic building lower connections to lift up the plastic a little. Any other suggestions?

Is it every shot or just clean shot moving fast? Try to shoot a slow-motion video to see what’s making the ball jump and adjust as needed, yes I had this issue on my game for a bit it took a little dialing in to get things smoothed out.

1 week later
#1025 8 months ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

One of the things I did which proved successful was to slightly reduce the length of the support post to somewhat compensate for the thickness of the toyotaboy brackets.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That's a great solution, nice innovation!

6 months later
#1037 57 days ago

I've been digging back into this game lately, had been putting off any work until I have time for the playfield swap but decided to get flippers rebuilt and enjoy it again in the near term. I've noticed a couple times with a 10x bonus and higher base, the math is off? first time 89,000 gave me 880,000 and just now 91,000 gave me 900,000

Mob tax?

Anyone else ever noticed this, presume it's a code bug and not a processor problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhaven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-club?tu=pinballhaven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.