image (resized).jpg
IMG_9373 (resized).jpeg
fire_brackets_7.25.23 (resized).jpg
IMG_3253 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3251 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3252 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3250 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3247 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider malikyemoon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Love this game. Some one should incorporate some real fire on their machines. Maybe a gas fueled flame topper? LOL.

Along with the aesthetic appeal, I predict this mod will increase pinball fires in the home by 1200%, and insurance companies will start requiring an extra policy to cover your arcade

#135 9 years ago

Just picked up my fire two weeks ago. Drove 10 hrs almost round trip to IA to buy it from a Firefighter. Cost me $100 in gas, and $262.50 extra thanks to the IA state PD for supposedly "failing to move over, unsafe approach" because I passed two state troopers that had someone pulled over and I couldn't get into the far lane due to traffic. That just killed the nice deal I got on the pin....ouch!

The display was out. I was told it was the plasma gas (P1 and P2 had partial working digits, P3-4 worked). I purchased a Pinscore LED replacement board with new displays (original ORG of course for Fire!). I also put in a Rottendog Power supply board (I do this on ALL my pins since it just prevents sooo many voltage issues and damage to other components over time).

Same issue! Turns out the joker had the ribbon cable reversed on the display board side (pin1 > unmarked connector). Oops! Well the display works perfectly now, and it's is nice and bright Guess I have an original PS board and an extra Sys11 display for my Pinbot haha.

I also had to manually "reset" the right ramp. After all of this and a restart, I was able to wipe the credit dot as well. Works perfectly now! Last owner carefully removed the mylar. Only damage it caused was to the decals, or a tiny bit around the edges of one or two. Full decal set purchased online. I see the beginning of planking under the surface. I am seriously thinking of stripping it all apart and having it clear coated after I carefully replace all decals and touch up any tiny edge marks. Why not? $200 for a killer professional clear coat is a lot cheaper than a Repro CSR playfield.

All plastics were fine. Has the original bell and bracket and it works beautifully with the coil assembly. I see (4) velcro pieces on the far sides of the head on top. Was there some other topper that used to fit AROUND the bell bracket on the topper perhaps? If not, someone probably stuck some things to it at some point that were removed.

Anyone find that a cleared PF makes this game too fast? That can be an issue with some.

Love it. It is a permanent piece now. Not overly complicated, but very satisfying, draws in the average players, kids, and family, but is still difficult enough for us competitive players. The sounds give it a nice antique-vintage sort of appeal as well.

It's a keeper!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider malikyemoon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-club?tu=malikyemoon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.