image (resized).jpg
IMG_9373 (resized).jpeg
fire_brackets_7.25.23 (resized).jpg
IMG_3253 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3251 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3252 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3250 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3247 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmckune.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#913 1 year ago

So silly me bought a project without looking too much into it. The game itself looks pretty nice. Unfortunately, the bridge on the right side is not only cracked off, but it’s not with the game at all. I’m wondering what my options are here. It looks like the cpr set may include the railing but not the base?

#915 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

The CPR plastic set does not include ANY buildings. The clear things you see is to build a custom topper that goes around the bell. If you're missing a building, you will have to watch ebay like a hawk (seems they shipped with a spare set of buildings, but those are getting really hard to come by).
I sell brackets, I may be able to also create a sheet of clear plastic so the game is at least functional. Someone always says they are going to make new buildings and then it never happens. Honestly if someone wants to scan each building bottom half (IE 2d scanner), maybe I can at least model up a base so someone can create buildings (I'm also happy to take it all the way if desired).

I don’t have it set up yet because I’m waiting on legs. But while the building is there, it looks like it’s cracked off I’ll try and get a picture in a bit

#916 1 year ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I don’t have it set up yet because I’m waiting on legs. But while the building is there, it looks like it’s cracked off I’ll try and get a picture in a bit

Quoted from toyotaboy:

The CPR plastic set does not include ANY buildings. The clear things you see is to build a custom topper that goes around the bell. If you're missing a building, you will have to watch ebay like a hawk (seems they shipped with a spare set of buildings, but those are getting really hard to come by).
I sell brackets, I may be able to also create a sheet of clear plastic so the game is at least functional. Someone always says they are going to make new buildings and then it never happens. Honestly if someone wants to scan each building bottom half (IE 2d scanner), maybe I can at least model up a base so someone can create buildings (I'm also happy to take it all the way if desired).

Here is the picture of the damage, if you’re able to do anything, it would be very much appreciated. I will definitely order supports as for the moment the other side is not cracked. Also, can someone take a picture of the right side lock mechanism? Mine had a deflector on it but it looks like it makes it impossible for the ball to escape?
B03F297A-636A-4FA6-9134-8477C473395A (resized).jpegB03F297A-636A-4FA6-9134-8477C473395A (resized).jpeg

#918 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

That’s very unfortunate, sorry to say. There is a small stopper in the right side lock that can be removed if you’re having issues without much impact to gameplay, if you’re talking about a little metal bracket that stops the ball and the kicker has to clear it for the ball to release. My first Fire didn’t have it (just the screw holes) and everything worked fine. The longer term solution would be to shop out the game and get that kicker working properly, but I wouldn’t spend much time on that until you find a building replacement.
FWIW these buildings are getting harder and harder to fix and replace. I wanted to work out a 3D printer solution but too many other projects and priorities have kept me from working on my Fire projects thus far. Good luck with getting the game running, it’s a classic!

I figured it was supposed to jump after the fact. I have some solenoids not working that I am sure are tied to something blown. Haven’t tested yet but the ones I know for sure aren’t firing are the outhole, ball trough, right lock, the ramps seem to be able to drop but not raise. The left lock works, flipper work, both sets of slings work. I’m sure there are flashers not working related to the solenoids too but haven’t done a full test.

#920 1 year ago

What does everyone think for LED color on this game? I must admit, the incandescents on it look stunning with the light show in attract mode, but I also know the drawbacks of incandescent bulbs. To me this game is screaming for warm white bulbs but I’ve also seen the cool white that looks good in the back glass. What color do you all have and can I see what each looks like?

#923 1 year ago

Does anyone have this issue with their game? Now it should be said this has not happened during gameplay as I haven’t been able to shop/test it properly yet, but the ball seems very prone to getting stuck on the rescue shot, particularly if the ball drifts to the right side. I checked the level of the playfield and it is showing 7 degree pitch with no bias left or right. Is there something to adjust this ramp? It seems very flat towards to top and it is also angled toward the front which seems to get the ball in a corner stuck.

5CDF65D2-4B2C-4BB8-93CF-2B34E73D7D2B (resized).jpeg5CDF65D2-4B2C-4BB8-93CF-2B34E73D7D2B (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#927 1 year ago

Shoutout to toyotaboy for helping me make progress on this thing! With the custom PETG he sent, I was able to trim new plastic and match up to old plastic to recreate my missing bridge piece! Will have to plastic weld it to make a smooth transition but on the way to having a functional game!

8C72E3CA-9A33-4303-823D-A1472EC00F59 (resized).jpeg8C72E3CA-9A33-4303-823D-A1472EC00F59 (resized).jpeg
5 months later
#938 1 year ago
Quoted from Theganch:

Toyotaboy’s brackets are top notch - very professionally made and match the game beautifully.
I have just finished an install on my playfield and am very happy with the added protection the brackets add. I most definitely recommend this install.
I threaded the bottom holes (#4-40) as per an earlier discussion here. Stainless #4-40x1/4” machine screws were used, and the heads were profiled down as much as possible to still allow them to be driven, but no with no interference to the ball travel…a phillips head rivet, as best as I could make it.
I managed to find some lower buildings that were in better shape than mine, so these brackets were a must, in my opinion.
I also made some plastic protectors for the buildings and slings. I am pleased with the protection they add, but may have to rethink the lower slings a little to facilitate switch adjustments better. One mini post from each lower building were changed out for bumper posts to allow for the plastics to be mounted.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you happen to still have the lower right building? Mine is cracked off and I’m attempting to fuse new plastic to old plastic but one that is intact and usable would be better. Let me know. Thanks

4 weeks later
#954 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

The Champagne edition has NO side art? That makes it "Special" Hmm I love the Cabinet on my very nice example. It "toasts" the champagne edition! Sorry I couldn't resist.
[quoted image]

So champagne version DOES have side art. It is simply a small cutout of the same Fire! Logos featured on the side of the regular cabinet that was stuck on to the polished oak finish rather than a full screen or decal stuck to plywood. Unfortunately, the oak finish didn’t provide a great sticking surface so the artwork fell off on a lot of them. Here’s an example (not my picture)

0F5944AB-3BF5-4674-BBFB-8CB7648B8781 (resized).jpeg0F5944AB-3BF5-4674-BBFB-8CB7648B8781 (resized).jpeg

#957 1 year ago

I wish I could get mine going, it sits there mocking me. I completed the vast electrical work It needed but have been putting off modifying the physical stuff to make it work. My horseshoe ramp is warped on one side in the direct center of the ball path causing hang ups and the right side building balcony was completely missing so can’t lock balls. So far I’ve gotten custom PETG for the right side, the brackets, custom made L brackets to hold the fence, and a fence piece. I really just need to hunker down and combine the new Petg to old and carefully reform the horseshoe ramp. It is electrically sound and I sometimes turn it on just to hear the attract mode and with how often it makes noise it’s like it’s begging me to finish

#965 1 year ago
Quoted from stefanmader:

Ok so the test was interesting. Music is ok. On the soundtest i hear nothing. Hm as i understand there is a chip for sound and a chip for music. Maybe the chip or socket is broken...

On most system 11s, the music is generated by the sound board while the speech is generated on the main MPU board. I don’t have the exact location off the top of my head but do know that chip should be in a socket near the top, left hand side of the MPU

#967 1 year ago
Quoted from stefanmader:

Hm, i have taken out the chips and put them back in, cleaned them a bit, but everything looks ok. Hm dont really know where to go from there, i don't see anything that could cause that problem.

Do your SRC networks directly above the battery holder look good? My whirlwind had strange speech distortion and errors on occasion and then I replaced the SRCs and all was well

#969 1 year ago
Quoted from stefanmader:

Oh really thank you for that tip. I think they look fine on mine, but i found corrosion on other chips. I will examine the board further. The src seem easy to replace. So might as well do that.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh yowza. I’d be shocked if that wasn’t the source of your issues. Those ICs are toast.

2 months later
#990 1 year ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

Hi,
On my fire, the bell works but not the knocker... according to the manual, they seem to be pluged in //, but not really the case. I have orange/black wires for the bell and brown/viol for the knocker.
I am not really familiar with system 11, does anyone know where and how it is hooked up? thanks.
[quoted image]

Is the knocker plugged in on the backbox? The connector is often undone to reduce noise. If it is, are there any other solenoids acting up and not working?

#992 1 year ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

Yes it is plugged and it's the only one not working. knocker coil is tested and works fine. My guess is, there may be a specific transistor for the knocker but I don't know which one is it...

So the transistor for the bell and knocker are the same one. It switches via the A/C relay. Theoretically, if the knocker is the only thing not working and all other “A” side solenoids are working. It most likely means there is a break in the wiring to the knocker. When you say it tests fine, are you substituting it in a different location or are you saying it works in test mode but not gameplay? Are you getting voltage to the knocker? Go to test mode and coil test and advance until you get to the knocker, do you have power?

2 months later
#1009 10 months ago

Just checking if anyone has any extra right hand side buildings with the balcony somewhat intact. Mine was sheared off and missing when I got the game so I want a piece I can reinforce with the brackets and get my game operational. Thanks

2 weeks later
#1014 9 months ago
Quoted from Theganch:

I have come across a set of used buildings from a local owner who had long sold his game.
All have their issues, but maybe some are still useful - send me a message and we can discuss.
There are also a few smoke, bush/tree, nozzle & building railing plastics, but I did not include pictures of those, since they are still being produced. Again, send me a message if those are more what you are after.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sent you a PM. Could really use the right side building.

5 months later
#1028 3 months ago
Quoted from topkat:

Just picked up a . Have an issue where when the ball goes up the center ramp, its stuck on the plastic ramp lip. I took a photo, is the metal frame supposed ro be below the plastic ramp or above ?[quoted image][quoted image]

Definitely above the plastic ramp

1 month later
#1041 61 days ago
Quoted from FireKingpin:

My Fire! is up and running. So my family can enjoy it and start challenging each other is there a way to remove the high scores that are defaulted? I already switched the high score reset to 24k.

I believe the default high scores are the lowest available. Don’t worry if you aren’t t hitting them yet. Soon, you’ll surpass every one of them

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmckune.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-club?tu=jmckune and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.