image (resized).jpg
IMG_9373 (resized).jpeg
fire_brackets_7.25.23 (resized).jpg
IMG_3253 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3251 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3252 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3250 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3247 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider digduglus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#197 8 years ago

Hey folks, first Pinside post here for a new member. My good friend and I discovered our love of pin a few months ago, and have spent the winter traveling Iowa finding public places to play and try out different machines. Recently we began discussing buying a machine and learning to fix it up - Lo and behold, we almost immediately found a good condition Fire! machine nearby from a seller on Craigslist. After testing it out, we were pleased to see that although there are (several) small fixes we need to do, in addition to a good cleaning, all of the parts, pieces, and plastics are present and in good working condition! It was quickly sold and moved to my house. We seriously can't stop playing this machine. Any suggested fixes, mods, or updates anyone could suggest to a new owner with a good but used machine? Thank you!

#201 8 years ago

Funny you mention that Chuck, I just turned the power on and first thing was "Adjust Switch 27, Left horse" so go figure. Toyota, I'd be more than happy to purchase a set of those if you can hold them for me till mid February when I get paid next.
Other than that, restoration has begun- We started simple, by replacing the coin box lock, and tightening the set screw in the ladder ramp motor which was causing the ladder not to raise most of the time. Now just waiting on the boxes of bulbs from pinballlife to begin replacing those (both bulbs for the cylinder are burnt out) I did notice one major thing I need some ideas on how to fix - The plastic connector for the right side of buildings near the ladder ramp is busted and missing - which makes the right row of buildings extremely flimsy and bounce up and down whenever the ball goes near because it's not connected to the screw that keeps it stable. (I really don't want to risk busting up some of the plastic) Any thoughts/suggestions on how to fix that specific issue?

20160127_214732_(resized).jpg20160127_214732_(resized).jpg

20160127_214724_(resized).jpg20160127_214724_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#202 8 years ago

So my friend and I recently acquired a Williams Fire! table and have begun cleaning/shopping/restoring it little by little. Today as we were replacing bulbs, we noticed that one of the wires connected to the left rescue victim light under the playfield had come disconnected. Upon starting up the machine, we noticed that most of the mechanical parts had stopped working - ball release, fire plug, both ramps, etc. We opened the table back up and discovered that more than just one wire had come undone and now are wondering if we could have blown a fuse when the game was on and the wires were unconnected. Really hoping we haven't somehow fried a board. Thoughts/comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
We are both pinball newbies with a basic background in electrical and mechanical work, and trying to do this ourselves before we involve professional help.
All help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you

20160209_213501_(resized).jpg20160209_213501_(resized).jpg

20160209_213516_(resized).jpg20160209_213516_(resized).jpg

20160209_213524_(resized).jpg20160209_213524_(resized).jpg

#207 8 years ago

Thank you for all the replies! Dozer we would love it if you could post that pic for us sometime. I'll get working on it and let you all know how it turns out.

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Thank you, anyway, it's quite strange as i've never seen them lighten :/

At first I thought mine didn't work either - I replaced all of the 555s underneath the table though and figured out that eventually you can get them all lit. (I don't remember, but I think they might all light up during multiball as well) check and see about replacing the bulbs then put out a ton of fires- they should all eventually be lit.

#213 8 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Will this do the trick?

DSCF5404_(resized).JPG

Also, thank you dozer, that was very helpful. We electrical taped them back together for the moment, which got the 89 flasher working again, but all of the "A" and "C" side mechanicals (Ramps, fireplug, knocker, bell) still aren't working. Still hoping it's a fuse, got a shipment of fuses, tools, and parts coming in from Marco's today so hopefully that will fix it. (All of the fuses are dirty and look like they haven't been replaced in 30 some years)

1 week later
#222 8 years ago

Ok folks, kind of stumped at this point on fixing my fire table and thought I'd throw this out there to see if anybody has an idea.
We have resoldered the wire to the left rescue lights and got the flashers and A side mechanicals working again. However, our C side (right side) mechanicals are not working at all - the bell, right up and down ramp, right ball lock kicker, etc. anything that is supposed to be on C side. Even more interestingly is that when the coil test is run, the A side will go in place of the C side, so for example, when running through the coil test, the Knocker will sound when it is supposed to, then instead of the bell ringing, the knocker will sound again. Weird. We replaced ALL of the fuses in the table, so we're kind of at a loss for what could be wrong. I believe that maybe we put a C side wire somewhere it shouldn't be which might explain the C side firing when the A side goes, or there's a short, or there's something else.
Any thoughts/comments/ideas/prayers would be helpful. I can post pics later if anybody needs.

Thank you!

#226 8 years ago

I'll have to check when I get home, I have no clue what that looks like. Thank you!

#227 8 years ago

so we're under the PF now, what board? where exactly is it? is there a switch we need to flip? Just wondering what we should be looking for

#229 8 years ago

Just sent you a PM. We've located it, but don't really know what we're supposed to do/look for with it

#232 8 years ago

Ok we found a screw that had gotten loose and lodged into the A/C board, which might've shorted something. We ran another coil test, and all solenoids were firing on wrong times (bell going for knocker, etc.) we tried tapping it a few times, and now it's back to double firing the A side and doing nothing on the C side.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider digduglus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-club?tu=digduglus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.