image (resized).jpg
IMG_9373 (resized).jpeg
fire_brackets_7.25.23 (resized).jpg
IMG_3253 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3251 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3252 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3250 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3247 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fixer837.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

I am a firefighter, I am also a pinball technician for a reseller. I own a Fire! I've had it almost 2 yrs. it has been in a thousand pieces for the last year As I am doing a full restore. This will be a one of a kind.I have redone the cabinet with oak veneer (like .champagne version) all metal parts have been antique brassed, had decals remade using "gold leaf it is coming along nicely major holdup now is waiting on CPR to finish the playfields.

3 weeks later
#28 10 years ago

Ok so I have been doing a pseudo high end, also one of restoration on my fire I have a very long way to go but very excited how the head turned out, so wanted to share a couple pics with y'all on here cuz I hope you'll appreciate it as I do......
image-229.jpgimage-229.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#30 10 years ago

Veneer

#31 10 years ago

Originally standard version, I am restoring it as close as I can to the champagne edition

#37 10 years ago

I'll buy a set of those.....Please

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Looks really nice Fixer...Did you use a stencil kit on the sides or are those screened decals that were applied? Really pops and makes it look brand new.

Screened decals I had made

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Looks sweet! What finish did you apply to the veneer?

Red Oak Veneer, Minwax English Chestnut wood stain, 4 coats Minwax semi gloss polyurethane, decal, & 5 more coats poly

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Fixer837:

Screened decals I had made

Sorry printed vynl decals black was printed on gold leaf material wich was overplayed on the main decal

1 month later
#56 10 years ago

Just wanted to share.......some progress.....image.jpgimage.jpg

3 weeks later
#72 10 years ago

Toyotaboy you are the man!!!! I just got my "ramp supports " they are the shiznikel super sweet very impressed with the quality even holding them against the plastic that is sposed to support makes them feel stronger

Qudos!!! Thanks!

#74 10 years ago

Yeah that will be awhile as I'm still waiting on a playfield.....

1 week later
#78 9 years ago

Anyone have a champagne edition could take a couple pics for me please

#79 9 years ago

Bump

#81 9 years ago

Gabe thanks so much I got what I needed from those pics. I am doing a full restoration of a regular edition but I am turning it into a champagne. I finally came up with an insert but relays missing. I found couple of those they are on the way but I had no idea wire locations any manuals I found were no help.....haven't been able to locate one specifically for a champagne.....

Here is a peek at my work in progress....
image.jpgimage.jpg

#83 9 years ago

Stu.....um YES!!!! Patiently waiting......getting harder to wait now that cabinet is completely done : )

#86 9 years ago

I had all the metal cabinet trim, and most metal pieces that can be seen in the playfield done in brass by a company in KC. it is more of a brushed antique look than shiny new brass. They also buffed and reshined my bell, then they put a nice durable clear on all pieces.

This is the closest pic I have at the momentimage.jpgimage.jpg

#89 9 years ago

None that I was able to find I hade mine custom made.

#91 9 years ago

^^^ Very nice!

3 months later
#117 9 years ago

Woot! Woot! CPR playfield arrived yesterday.....just in time for the long weekend!!
image.jpgimage.jpg

4 years later
#527 5 years ago

Hello fellow baby rescuers.....lol....so I have been restoring upgrading to a champagne edition posted cabinet pics on here couple years ago or so.....life finally slowed down a bit and I have been able to work on this again.....I've gotten all the wiring harnesses back on and have been testing I've got all the coils, flashers (removed ground from resistor boards to fix led problems), and switches working great now I'm having issues with my controlled lamps I have all new rotten dog mpu, xpin power supply, flipper board etc (any new boards available I have) s on several but not all of the controlled lamps I think I am having ghosting issues with the LEDs anyone else have this problem do I have a wiring problem somewhere?? Led OCD needed?? Anyone with any help be appreciated

#529 5 years ago

Hmmm I'm having a difficult time figuring this out as in single lamp test some of the lamps work singly as they should but most have several lamps flashing about half bright and the one that should be flashing is bright have tried mapping the ones that are flashing with the lamp matrix but there is no pattern it's all random.....guess I'll recheck all my wiring for the 10th time.....I might try putting incandesants in all suspect sockets and see if a ghosting issue or somethin else....

1 week later
#552 5 years ago

Used all brand new diodes on rebuild.......ended up having 5-6 that were bad causing all my controlled lam issues all fixed and working great....one more step closer to finishing this project....thanks to those that replied and tried to help

#553 5 years ago

Can someone that owns a Champagne edition please look at the back of the backbone insert and tell me what size fuse goes in line for the rotating drums and lamps....I can't find it in any manual or any other references I have searched

#556 5 years ago

Thank you very much!!

#557 5 years ago

Think we should all begin mass mailing planetary or back alley incessantly until someone reproduces the Side building plastics......lol I am nearing this very lengthy restoration/ upgrade to Champagne only thing I haven't found is the left building plastic over a long time I was able to obtain all other plastics NOS......anyone have a perfect left building plastic they would trade for three imerperfect but usable ones??? Yeah right thought everyone could use a laugh......can't wait to finish this and be able to save the baby

#558 5 years ago

@kermit24.....I have a spare rear horseshoe "ramp" it is very dirty but think would clean up and flame polish nicely it has no broken places

1 year later
#781 3 years ago

Why oh why will someone not remake the long side building plastics.....Or Matt at Back Alley make a mod to replace them??

Redid a destroyed flooded out regular Fire! into a champagne edition had any metal that is seen brasses custom decals with real gold leaf used on fire trucks custom made display with alternating red and orange digits I have gone all out on this and absolutely only thing I am missing that I didn’t find NOS or repro is the long left side building plastic project has been 8 yrs in the making and would love to finally finish it but can’t seem to put used broken plastics on this masterpiece

09BBD56C-CA44-44FF-9862-9DBCFA43DA03 (resized).jpeg09BBD56C-CA44-44FF-9862-9DBCFA43DA03 (resized).jpeg5103156D-CFD1-47DD-A198-4DA165611625 (resized).jpeg5103156D-CFD1-47DD-A198-4DA165611625 (resized).jpeg88F7C982-BEAA-48D6-A826-CADE3C9227F6 (resized).jpeg88F7C982-BEAA-48D6-A826-CADE3C9227F6 (resized).jpegA72C71F4-0D41-4E5E-BB59-5D0836105374 (resized).jpegA72C71F4-0D41-4E5E-BB59-5D0836105374 (resized).jpegB9E2DF25-0EE9-4E57-B0D8-465BA20B509C (resized).jpegB9E2DF25-0EE9-4E57-B0D8-465BA20B509C (resized).jpegBB7B1D5C-D688-4AC2-BA5C-DE43489222FA (resized).jpegBB7B1D5C-D688-4AC2-BA5C-DE43489222FA (resized).jpegD29B7E75-3AD0-428C-8F4D-93EF522FF3BB (resized).jpegD29B7E75-3AD0-428C-8F4D-93EF522FF3BB (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fixer837.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-club?tu=Fixer837 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.