New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 78414)

Fire! club - save my baby! /\/\/

By toyotaboy

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 739 posts
  • 126 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Shabazz18
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 215 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20201022_143556 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201022_143543 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201022_143548 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201022_143522 (resized).jpg
CADFB021-6961-4626-9334-A495F2051269 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200920-133806_eBay (resized).jpg
brackets_9.20.20 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200829-214911_eBay (resized).jpg
317E3BF4-5385-4BC7-BF4F-4B569601FF23 (resized).jpeg
13A184FB-45CD-446C-9A8A-5A51FE68A8BC (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200816_135210 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200816_135252 (resized).jpg
20200805_174111 (resized).jpg
20200805_174043 (resized).jpg
20200805_174157 (resized).jpg
20200805_174113 (resized).jpg

There are 739 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 15.
#351 3 years ago

Mooooooo!

Some of you guys still wondering why you hear the cow sound at the start of gameplay?

Mrs_OLeary's_cow (resized).jpg

#352 3 years ago
Quoted from Shiny_balls:

Mooooooo!
Some of you guys still wondering why you hear the cow sound at the start of gameplay?

I knew....
Wish this was on the translite somehow, and it lite up during multiball, say lower right corner.

#353 3 years ago
Quoted from Shiny_balls:

born and raised in chicago area, so know it well

1 week later
#354 3 years ago
Quoted from Shiny_balls:

Mooooooo!

It certainly is a better legend to propagate than what supposedly happened: a drunk stable-hand knocks over a lantern.

2 weeks later
#355 3 years ago

I revisited my Fire yesterday. I replaced all the Slingshots and their transistors since they were all blown. Now, when activate one, that one will stay locked on. They all 4 do that. When I went through the switch tests, I see that there are several on that column locked on. The manual said this would happen in each individual row if one of those switches were locked on. I'm assuming its the same for columns. I plan to dive in and try and find the short which will be a very tedious task. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had a similar issue.

#356 3 years ago

Does anyone can take a nice shot of this insert please ? My insert is completely scratched ...
Thank you ! : )

image fire 1 (resized).jpg

image fire 2 (resized).jpg

#357 3 years ago

I can try and get that for you today.

#358 3 years ago

Super ........................ great thank you to you PAPPYBALL.

#359 3 years ago

Hello everyone ,
I renew my request for a good quality photo of the insert as in the picture above.
In advance thank you to you for your help.

#360 3 years ago
Quoted from grandDD:

Hello everyone ,
I renew my request for a good quality photo of the insert as in the picture above.
In advance thank you to you for your help.

IMG_5652 (resized).JPG

#361 3 years ago

That's a better shot then I was able to get. I couldn't get the light/zoom in to take a good picture for whatever reason.

#362 3 years ago

A big thank you to you chuckwurt, I will try to rework your picture.

#363 3 years ago

Thank you also pappyball for trying to solve my problem

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from grandDD:

A big thank you to you chuckwurt, I will try to rework your picture.

Here's a couple more

IMG_5653 (resized).JPGIMG_5656 (resized).PNG

IMG_5652 (resized).JPG

#365 3 years ago

Thank you Chuckwurt, your new photos are perfect, I will succeed to reproduce the mage of the insert.
Still a big thank you to you.......................

1 month later
#366 3 years ago

Hello, Anyone have ideas for what to put on the walnut veneer to prep for decal install so new decals stick well ? Thanks in advance

#367 3 years ago

Hello, Anyone have photos or tips on how to transfer the buildings from old to new plastics ?

#368 3 years ago

Oops. I see now the building support plastics are not part of the plastic set

#369 3 years ago

For you club members, I have a complete wirking Fire , new display, new Cabinet decals and a CPR playfield not yet installed. Only reason Im sellling because I picked up a Gem. What should i get on a package deal ? $2500 ?? I paid top dollar for a mint original champagne edition, and no shes not for sale

20170401_095848 (resized).jpg

20170401_100018 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#370 3 years ago

what a beauty !

2 weeks later
#371 3 years ago

I want in if someone is selling.

Ron

#373 3 years ago

That's a beauty. I'm waiting for a Champagne to make it in my collection one day

#374 3 years ago

I'm on Fire!

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from mima:

I'm on Fire!

Drop and roll, repeat.

2 weeks later
#376 3 years ago

Hey guys, does your ladder ramp also look like this or worse?
DSC_0230.JPG

I have made a replacement decal and have a couple extras that I could pass on for $10 plus shipping.
DSC_0229.JPG

Let me know.
Cheers
/Mima

#377 3 years ago

I would love one...Please LMK where to Paypal!

Thanks!

#378 3 years ago

I got this question of co-shipping due to the fact that shipping to the “world” from Sweden, where I reside, as an insured and registered letter (up to a certain weight which I can’t pull from my head right now) would add $15 to the cost.

I would not personally mind if some of you teamed up and got a collective letter sent out to one of you.
That would be one collective international shipping cost to share (if you reside in the same country…).
One of you would then take on the task and responsibility to split and domestically forward the decals.
It is also that person that pays me for the complete shipping from Sweden to his residence (all decals + shipping).
I ship to that person as an insured and registered letter.
The paying person takes over the responsibility of the decals as soon as they are payed for and sent.

I have in total 9 decals to spare, and if you get three or more I could set you up with a discount.
1 decal (10+15=25)
2 decals (10+10+15=35)
After that $8 for each additional decal.

First come, first serve.

Cheers
/Mima

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from mima:

I got this question of co-shipping due to the fact that shipping to the “world” from Sweden, where I reside, as an insured and registered letter (up to a certain weight which I can’t pull from my head right now) would add $15 to the cost.
I would not personally mind if some of you teamed up and got a collective letter sent out to one of you.
That would be one collective international shipping cost to share (if you reside in the same country…).
One of you would then take on the task and responsibility to split and domestically forward the decals.
It is also that person that pays me for the complete shipping from Sweden to his residence (all decals + shipping).
I ship to that person as an insured and registered letter.
The paying person takes over the responsibility of the decals as soon as they are payed for and sent.
I have in total 9 decals to spare, and if you get three or more I could set you up with a discount.
1 decal (10+15=25)
2 decals (10+10+15=35)
After that $8 for each additional decal.
First come, first serve.
Cheers
/Mima

7 to go...
DSC_0229 (resized).JPG

Cheers
/mima

#380 3 years ago

Hi. I joined the club this weekend. The switch for ball one is there but the trough plate was removed and from what I find it's no longer available. Does anyone know of where to get one along with the switches for balls two and three? Or has anyone used replacement switches that worked well I could get in there?

Looking forward to getting it cleaned up and fixing some issues to get playing.

#381 3 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

Hi. I joined the club this weekend. The switch for ball one is there but the trough plate was removed and from what I find it's no longer available. Does anyone know of where to get one along with the switches for balls two and three? Or has anyone used replacement switches that worked well I could get in there?
Looking forward to getting it cleaned up and fixing some issues to get playing.

Pm sent

#382 3 years ago

Looking for these reproplastics.
_20170717_164522.JPG
PM me if you got a pair to spare...

cheers
/mima

#383 3 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Looking for these reproplastics.

PM me if you got a pair to spare...
cheers
/mima

Those are flipper toppers, and I don't believe those are stock. They only came with the CPR plastics

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Those are flipper toppers, and I don't believe those are stock. They only came with the CPR plastics

I know... so if anyone got a pair to spare, send me a PM

#385 3 years ago

I picked up a set from CPR about 3 weeks ago, and some Save the baby Targets this week, as they mention they are cleaning house.

Did you email them, in case they find more?

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Hey guys, does your ladder ramp also look like this or worse?

I have made a replacement decal and have a couple extras that I could pass on for $10 plus shipping.

Let me know.
Cheers
/Mima

There are still a couple of these left.
/mima

DSC_0230 (resized).JPG

DSC_0229 (resized).JPG

#387 3 years ago

I have center Houses still. About 7 left.
I also have about 20 damaged houses, center only! Really, please dont ask for others.
The damaged ones have decent decals, so if you want house, window decals im blowing out the damaged houses super cheap.
The plan, if you want a center house for $25, then throw in 5 bucks extra, i throw in 3 broken ones for decals.
Hit me up, PM.
Eric

2 weeks later
#388 3 years ago

I'm so close. Trying to get it fully working, then clean it up. I was able to get a ball trough assembly locally and fixed some issues. Now it starts up and I can start a game. Only issue I have thus far is after I lock a ball in the left lock. When the next ball is released to the shooter lane the left lock also kicks out. Doesn't happen with the right lock. I locked in the right and next ball was ok. Locked that ball in the left and when the third ball was released the left fired out. I tried searching the thread here but didn't see anything. Has this happened to anyone so I can get an idea where to look? Switch issue?

Edit: Some new details. If I shoot the new ball before it says firemen trapped the locked ball in the left lock stays put. Once the third ball is in play the other two are released so all three balls are in the playfield but I didn't truly start multiball.

#389 3 years ago

I'm looking for a nice Champagne Edition if anyone is thinking of leaving the club

#390 3 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I'm looking for a nice Champagne Edition if anyone is thinking of leaving the club

Never, only when I die.

#391 3 years ago

How old are you?

#392 3 years ago

I haven't been able to find a replacement for the plastic below the houses. It doesn't even look like it's included with any of the plastic sets that used to be available. Is there a replacement available for the part pictured?

image3 (resized).JPG

#393 3 years ago

That's a molded part of the buildings. Unfortunately to replace would cost you your first born. Maybe you could make clear plastic to go underneath and fill and paint the broken piece. Looks like a champagne version you have there. Very nice

#394 3 years ago

Agree, cut a piece to fit, run a few supports below, and paint. If it still doesn't look
to your taste, you can try to cover or distract,
with green shrubbery, scale piece...none out there.
eBay does have from classic flipper bat toppers, that are trumpets, and save the baby targets.....these are old stock, and should be grabbed up.

#395 3 years ago

Just finished off a Bally Atlantis PF swap--I've got Transporter and Fire! to pick from for my next swap.

Has anyone done the swap to a CPR Fire PF? Was dimpling accurate? Any particular areas of difficulty?

#396 3 years ago

Is this switch right? Seems like it would break too easily.

20170809_204231 (resized).jpg

20170809_204223 (resized).jpg

#397 3 years ago

Here is my Fire! That I posted yesterday. Price is best offer for Pinsiders

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/52904

#398 3 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Is this switch right? Seems like it would break too easily.

Yes. The flat vertical part on the right keeps the ball from rolling into the lock from the right while allowing it to kick out from the left. I had trouble with mine getting stuck between the switch and the upper post when hit hard from the right side. Did some adjusting to the curved lane guide and woks like a champ now.

#399 3 years ago

Thanks,
Now if I can just get that kickout to work when its supposed to and get the slingshots not locked on, I'll be all set.

1 week later
#400 3 years ago

I just picked up a Fire Champagne Edition and had a question regarding the original finish on the side rails and lock bar. The previous owner spray painted the stuff gold to cover up some wear underneath. I'm ok for now seeing the wear because I want it to look original and the spray paint just makes it feel dirty on my hands so I'm looking to remove the paint and not the finish underneath.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Sale Pending!
Cleveland, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 17.00
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntley, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 739 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside