image (resized).jpg
IMG_9373 (resized).jpeg
fire_brackets_7.25.23 (resized).jpg
IMG_3253 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3251 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3252 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3250 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3247 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,045 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 21.
#251 8 years ago

I've finally joined the club....Yippeee!!

#252 8 years ago

My Fire! CPR silver playfield is available still. It's in Texas with my buddy as we speak, and he's going to try to sell it for me. I'm selling it at a loss. Paid $700, offering it for $550. That's less than the bronzes, especially when you factor shipping.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/32208

Dan

1 week later
#253 8 years ago

Shiny balls, Welcome to the club! I think I know your machine...if it's the one I'm thinking of that got snapped up in 3 hours in OC....

#254 8 years ago

Let's try this again. Last time I did this it took a week to get to all the requests and photos.
In my quest for Fire I acquired 3 machine's!
The side by side restoration was helpful. Then I got lucky and found a Champagne version, machine #221 out of 271. Now I have a house full of Fire, and parts.
Pm me for any parts requests....Except....I don't have the long plastic right ball lock shooter lane house. Sorry, never had an extra.
But, I do have lots of the extras, assemblies, little parts, lift ramps etc. To many to list here, but I will try this week. Last round of parts found folks far and wide who got many things to make there Fire better. Canada, France, OK, IL, and Florida!
I was going to convert my regular Fire to a Champagne...Anyone want to try This? I have everything for this venture one stop shopping.
2 Tube assemblies, motor, light bar and decals. Just modify the swing door and plug and play. Code is already in roms if your L-2 or greater, there's only a L-3 rom upgrade that mostly only effects scoring. You only have to move some sockets, cut holes for tubes and install, run wires down under playfield and tap into fire tube under playfield. Hard part is removing swing door and modify it. I can provide measurements and photos to help.
Who wants to upgrade there Fire to a Champagne version?
Lots of center Houses still available for $25 , by an assembly and I throw in center house. Add a second for $5, I have lots of center houses. Small left upper horseshoe houses, $75. One last left ball lock House complete with CPR fence saves, $150 plus you get a center house and fence. Shipping on USA has been about $8-12 nationwide.
Thanks for reading, sorry, wordy this morning.
PM me with any questions, give me at least a day to get back to you. Eric

#255 8 years ago

Thanks Eric.
That's the one I got it.

PM sent.

#256 8 years ago
Quoted from Shiny_balls:

Thanks Eric.
That's the one I got it.

I actually beat you to the punch and contacted that guy in first hour, decided I didn't need to fix up another Fire, Just gotten good at this Title, kinda my wheel house now, system 11 in general. Nice machine, doesn't need alot, but cabinet was a little need of care, they all do.
PM sent back, Eric

#257 8 years ago

Post only up an hour and 5 requests and one paid. Thank you All. I didn't mention it, but I will admit it now. In my quest for Fire!, and parts I found 3 machines and a playfield, spent about $6000 on this venture. I will never make money on this, selling everything at almost cost, Not really trying to make a buck here, just reducing the investment and making room, getting rid of all leftovers. Like I mentioned to Shiny Balls above, considered a forth to fix up, but no time, and time to move onto the other pin projects. I will have a Fire for sale in weeks to come. Glad Shiny Balls got that one.

#258 8 years ago

Really nice Eric, thanks again for time spent on pictures

happy that you managed to sell most of your stuff

#259 8 years ago

I am currently doing a full cabinet restore
Is there anyone that can sell me a full set of cabinet Decals or has some hi res scans to work from
Thanks

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from Dicky:

Is there anyone that can sell me a full set of cabinet Decals or has some hi res scans to work from

I was planning on scanning mine and touching it up. I know Stu did a decal set on his.

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

brackets came in, took longer than usual. I'll be sending PM's soon for info
brackets_4.28.15.jpg

Toyotaboy, if you decide to make more of these or have an extra set, I'd like to get them for the Fire I just got.
Thanks
Izzy

#262 8 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Toyotaboy, if you decide to make more of these or have an extra set, I'd like to get them for the Fire I just got.
Thanks

minimum interest achieved, sending PM's

#263 8 years ago

replied ^^

#264 8 years ago

Toyotaboy's house supports are a must for anyone that doesn't have them yet!

#266 8 years ago

Recently picked up a project Fire. Got it going, now I'm going to shop it. Has anyone had any problems removing the PF mylar? Mine is peeling a bit around the edges. I might trim off the bad parts. Just looking to see if there are any horror stories for this PF. Another option is the Lexan playfield protector available for this and other games. I have it on a few of mine and they are nice.
thanks,
izzy

#267 8 years ago

Izzy, mostly seen bad experience through topics on Williams Fire! Even playfield will 70% of decals gone..

#268 8 years ago

Isn't that how Lonzo started the whole restoration thread? I'd avoid pulling the Mylar personally.

#269 8 years ago

Yeah. You might want to take a look at what can happen.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-restoration

Fire is the only game so far that I have had trouble with the Mylar.

#270 8 years ago

Thanks. I thought I had read that. Was hoping someone had good results.

#271 8 years ago

Support brackets just came in, hardware comes in tomorrow, going to try to sand these down tonight. If you're on the list, let me know if you want them raw or painted black with a mist of clear.

#272 8 years ago

Black and clear would be great, thanks

#273 8 years ago

I could use some help adjusting the ramps. After I shopped it I can't get the right ramp to sit flush when it's lowered. It's 1 or 2 mm high, which sometimes kicks the ball back. Is there a trick to it?

#274 8 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

I could use some help adjusting the ramps. After I shopped it I can't get the right ramp to sit flush when it's lowered. It's 1 or 2 mm high, which sometimes kicks the ball back. Is there a trick to it?

I would be interested in this too as mine doesn't sit high enough when in the up position and causes the ball to sometime get stuck or jump off the ramp when I'm trying to lock a ball.

#275 8 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

The little pin that the ramp rides on that is attached to the coil bracket is adjustable. Loosen it up and move it down a bit. I adjust mine so that the ramp flap barely touches the playfield when down and that will give you maximum height when up as well.

#276 8 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

The little pin that the ramp rides on that is attached to the coil bracket is adjustable. Loosen it up and move it down a bit. I adjust mine so that the ramp flap barely touches the playfield when down and that will give you maximum height when up as well.

How do you adjust it? Can you adjust it from above the playfield? Or is there something that needs adjusted from under the playfield?

#277 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How do you adjust it? Can you adjust it from above the playfield? Or is there something that needs adjusted from under the playfield?

Loosen the nut on the opposite side of the ramp. It sits in a groove so you can adjust it and tighten it back down.

#278 8 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Loosen the nut on the opposite side of the ramp. It sits in a groove so you can adjust it and tighten it back down.

Thanks.

#279 8 years ago

Well I guess I'm completely stupid on adjusting this ramp because I don't see how I can adjust it by loosing that nut on the arm to the left of the ramp.

#280 8 years ago

Nobody's perfect
$_57cvbn_(resized).jpg$_57cvbn_(resized).jpg

#281 8 years ago

Yep. That's the nut I loosened. Doesn't seem to let me change anything with where the arm travels though.

#282 8 years ago

I think the plate underneath the playfield that locks the ramp in the up position needs adjusted, but not sure on that either as my left ramp seems to be set up the exact same way as the right and is higher than the right ramp when in the up position.

#283 8 years ago

Yeah, I'll take a look at the plate. The nut doesn't seem to help. That's what I loosened when removing the ramp, but I can't seem to set it right now.

#284 8 years ago

Hmmmmmm, I haven't been working on ramp lifting mechanism before....
Check the crank lock and lift crank assembly to see if any worn out.....
If nothing wrong, maybe move the crank lock or the bracket a bit? (fill the old holes with wood and glue)

Parts available at Marco.

Both my ramps are bad, like Chuck's on left and Megalo's on right. I'll move them to my new CPR playfield in few months. I'm currently doing a cabinet restoration.

Parts_(resized).jpgParts_(resized).jpg

#285 8 years ago

Cool. Yeah all those parts you highlight above at the items I'm looking at too. I'll fiddle around a bit more here and see if I can't fix the issue.

#286 8 years ago

when you loosen the nut you should be able to slide the ramp support pin up and down on that lever. The only caution is that if you set it too high then the ramp will not touch the playfield when it is down. I have mine set so the ramp flap barely makes contact with the playfield when down. This minimizes playfield wear and gives me max ramp height when raised.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#287 8 years ago

A big thanks to Eric for providing me with some fire parts.
izzy

#288 8 years ago

Anyone that paid for brackets, everything is shipped. Tracking is in your paypal

2 weeks later
#289 7 years ago

Recently acquired a decent Fire. Finally got it all shopped. Not quite sure how the bonus multiplier works. I get that you have a certain amount of time to get the higher bonus and it lowers the longer you take to put out the fires. Seems like I have done it once or twice. Is it that difficult? Is mine not working properly?
When I go through the horse shoe and I go through the lit side, is it supposed to register a bonus? It scores minimal points and a sound happens, but no bonus. Even when both of the horse shoe bonus lights are lit no bonus multiplier.
thx

#290 7 years ago

I have a buzzing sound coming from the back box of my Fire, any ideas on how too fix problem?

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from beepbeep:

I have a buzzing sound coming from the back box of my Fire, any ideas on how too fix problem?

Try to loose a bit screws from the sound card.

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from beepbeep:

Try to loose a bit screws from the sound card.

#293 7 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Recently acquired a decent Fire. Finally got it all shopped. Not quite sure how the bonus multiplier works. I get that you have a certain amount of time to get the higher bonus and it lowers the longer you take to put out the fires. Seems like I have done it once or twice. Is it that difficult? Is mine not working properly?
When I go through the horse shoe and I go through the lit side, is it supposed to register a bonus? It scores minimal points and a sound happens, but no bonus. Even when both of the horse shoe bonus lights are lit no bonus multiplier.
thx

If you go through the lit side of the horseshoe and it comes out the other side, it should advance your bonus multiplier, raise the post in between the flippers and raise the ladder. If it is not doing that, one of the horseshoe gates is not registering.

I had to adjust mine a lot before I could get the horseshoe shots to register correctly and consistently. Be careful when messing around with the gates, not to unhook the arm that goes from the gate to the switch under the playfield. If that in hooks, it is a royal pain in the ass to put it back.

Good luck!

#294 7 years ago

That was it. thanks. I know I adjusted those, but they are in such an awkward spot.

#295 7 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

That was it. thanks. I know I adjusted those, but they are in such an awkward spot.

Seriously took me 2 hours to get those arms back on the gates when I was shopping mine out. They kept falling out, and like you said, very awkward spot.

#296 7 years ago

Izzy, how did you adjust it? Was it the wire activating the switch? Mine are stiff, so I'm 50/50 on multiplier registering. Was starting to think that my wires are to short?

Quoted from izzy:That was it. thanks. I know I adjusted those, but they are in such an awkward spot.

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Izzy, how did you adjust it? Was it the wire activating the switch? Mine are stiff, so I'm 50/50 on multiplier registering. Was starting to think that my wires are to short?

The arms are connected to switches underneath the playfield. Adjust the switches like you would a spinner switch. Just make the gap in the switch extra close, but don't let them touch. May take a couple tries to get it just right.

#298 7 years ago

That's how I did it. the switch closest to the pf was hard to see and adjust.

1 month later
#299 7 years ago

Finally installed your brackets! Saved my cracked clear plastic bridge. Cut a new piece of clear to fit the cut off old one and installed brackets, like new!

#300 7 years ago

Bump for center Fire house! Need a spare,side art next to ladder lift broken. I still have 20 of these houses. See my add in marketplace here on pinside..
$20 shipped, second center house only $10 more , box will hold 4 if you want to stock up.
Also only have a few upper right horse shoe Houses left. $75 shipped, comes with free center house.
I have no other houses, only these 2.
I will post soon all available parts I have left and I have a lot!
I still have the Fire champagne MOD, add 2 rollers to your backbox and turn your fire into a champagne. Code is already in your roms.
Just need the parts, I have them! $300 shipped for the whole setup. You just need wire to tap into your lower roller, and run to backbox.
Kit comes with 2 drum decals, 2 roller assemblies, 2 light bars for inside drum, and 2 motors for drums. Yes, this will require basic wiring and some carpenter skills.
This is my last champagne upgrade set.
Please pm with any questions.
Thanks Eric

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,045 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-club/page/6?hl=dicky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.