image (resized).jpg
IMG_9373 (resized).jpeg
fire_brackets_7.25.23 (resized).jpg
IMG_3253 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3251 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3252 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3250 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3247 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 21.
#151 8 years ago

Sounds good
Thank you

#152 8 years ago

Just nailed down the above Fire! CE.
Add another set for me as that game is going to be a lifelong keeper.

1 week later
#153 8 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Guys,
Just wanted to let everyone know that the New CPR Repro FIRE! Playfield "will" be the Correct version NOT a duplicate of the so-called NOS ones floating around on eBay. I know these ones on eBay sell for around $650 but keep in mind that these were the "Rejected by Williams" Playfields and were shelved for many years, only to surface recently in the Disguise as NOS, but they are not (well I guess technically they are But they were the Rejected Boards ). An easy way to tell the Difference is the "Primary Background" on the Rejected Playfields is BLACK > Not BROWN. Williams changed the "Production" Playfields to the Brown Background, which is the version we are producing at CPR.....
Below is a Comparison Photo with the Correct Brown version on the Right & the Williams Rejected Black version on the Left...
Our Request List is now Closed as we are currently In Production of the Fire! Playfield....
http://classicplayfields.com/order.html
Stu
CPR Art Director

Black & Brown Comparison-139.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

WRONG! Flat out wrong.
BLACK was for CE! period
Brown was for the rest of the run, the regulars.

The Black play fields were for the Champagne Edition. Black playfields flosting around were Williams left overs from Expo.

1 week later
#154 8 years ago

brackets came in, took longer than usual. I'll be sending PM's soon for info
brackets_4.28.15.jpgbrackets_4.28.15.jpg

#155 8 years ago

I would like a set too, hope I'm not too late

1 week later
#156 8 years ago

6 sets are sold and shipped. Only have 1 set left so if you are reading this, it's your last chance to get a set.

#157 8 years ago

Got mine Monday, perfect as always! Much much thanks for doing this!

#158 8 years ago

Got mine! They are great. Thanks so much. I will post pics down the road once I install them.

#159 8 years ago

last set gone, this is the end. Thanks everyone for making each run possible.

#160 8 years ago

Does anyone have scans of the cabinet art, my champagne edition does not have any cabinet art on it including the backbox and front art around the coin box. I was hoping to somehow get it printed. Thank you for any help in advance.

Chris

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from garman411:

Does anyone have scans of the cabinet art, my champagne edition does not have any cabinet art on it including the backbox and front art around the coin box. I was hoping to somehow get it printed. Thank you for any help in advance.
Chris

Keep it that way, it's one of the special ones made that way on purpose.

#162 8 years ago

^^^ They didn't really make any that way did they? Haha.

#163 8 years ago

Garman, I don't know if you are joking or not but they did make a small amount without decals on the lower cabinet and backbox. I know this for a fact as I had a choice to buy either type from the same route operator back in 1987. JLC - Cincinnati, OH

#164 8 years ago

Fordtudoor, I didn't known they made them without decals which is probably why mine is missing all of them. Do you know how many they made like this? I really like the Fire decals, but if this is one of the ones made without them I'll keep it that way.

#165 8 years ago

Hey guys. I am going to pick this game up in the next couple months. I have only transported early SS games and took their heads off. I assume this can be transported by laying the head down. How do I do that exactly, and what is the best way to secure it once folded down? How do I secure the bell too?

Any other tips for transport?

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey guys. I am going to pick this game up in the next couple months. I have only transported early SS games and took their heads off. I assume this can be transported by laying the head down. How do I do that exactly, and what is the best way to secure it once folded down? How do I secure the bell too?

Take out the ball...the buildings are very thin and a loose ball can easily fly through one when moving the game.

Been a long time since I moved mine, but...If set up correctly, you will need to use the keys to remove the backbox glass and open the light panel behind. There will be (4) 1/2 inch bolts that hold the body and head together securely. Remove these bolts, close light panel, re-install glass and lock down...then there is a hasp (I believe) on the back box that you can release to fold the head down. Carefully lower head, might want to place something between head and body.

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Once the head is folded down i would wrap a racheting strap around the body and head to make sure the head does not flip up in the air going up or down stairs. As for the bell you don't need to secure it. It does not swing and does not have a swinging rod like a regular bell.

1 month later
#168 8 years ago

Going to pick one up next weekend! I will post pics once I get her home.

1 week later
#169 8 years ago

Go te Fire! Home. It's in amazing shape. All original. Nothing wrong with it at all. Also came with original manuals and some replacement buildings.

One question: the one thing I noticed that might need repairing is the center ladder ramp. Someone put clear tape on the bottom side of it.

Should this have Mylar over it or what?

#170 8 years ago

My fire does not have mylar on the part of the ladder that raises but does have it on the bottom half of the ladder where it says rescue shot. The mylar is one big piece that covers most of the playfield.

Quoted from chuckwurt:Go te Fire! Home. It's in amazing shape. All original. Nothing wrong with it at all. Also came with original manuals and some replacement buildings.
One question: the one thing I noticed that might need repairing is the center ladder ramp. Someone put clear tape on the bottom side of it.
Should this have Mylar over it or what?

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

My fire does not have mylar on the part of the ladder that raises but does have it on the bottom half of the ladder where it says rescue shot. The mylar is one big piece that covers most of the playfield.

Okay. Here is a pic of what mine has on it. Doesn't look factory to me haha.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#172 8 years ago

Not sure if anything even needs to be there. Seems to work fine when I took it off. Not used to the rules yet and when it's supposed to raise, but I think that tape just needed to come off.

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure if anything even needs to be there. Seems to work fine when I took it off. Not used to the rules yet and when it's supposed to raise, but I think that tape just needed to come off.

I see what you are talking about now. You were right to remove the tape, nothing else needs to be there.

#174 8 years ago

Been playing my Fire! All day and this game is brutal! The rules are super easy, but it's so hard to accomplish the few goals it has. Kept me coming back for more and cursing the game at the same time. Haha. Glad I added this to the collection.

1 week later
#175 8 years ago

Okay guys here is my first go with the LEDs. Mainly put them in the GI and some of the inserts. The good thing about the two buildings in front of the middle building is that they have a cluster of lamp sockets that let me mix yellow orange and red to make a fire orange color that looks great! My main goal was to get this game brighter as it was hard to see stuff on the playfield before. This isn't a final product yet, but I'm liking it so far. Glass is on, so not the best picture, but you can get a sense.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#176 8 years ago

Orange is great, makes the building look like it's on fire (if only a flickering yellow and orange bulb existed)
The red looks good, but I wonder if that doesn't make the flipper area too dark?

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Orange is great, makes the building look like it's on fire (if only a flickering yellow and orange bulb existed)
The red looks good, but I wonder if that doesn't make the flipper area too dark?

That's the crappy picture. It's actually orange and looks a lot different in person. I'll try and get some better pictures later.

#178 8 years ago

I like the Orange as well

#179 8 years ago

also, my ladder ramp assembly is pretty wobbly and it causes the ramp to not sit flush with the playfield in the down position (top right corner too low, and front left corner is sitting up). I made sure the assembly is screwed tightly to the playfield, and it is. Are these available to purchase anywhere? I am going to take the assembly off and try to fix it, but it might need to be replaced. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

#180 8 years ago

NM PBR has them for $22 plus shipping. FYI!

#181 8 years ago

Here are some better pics of the LED conversion and a video. The flashing you see in the video is from the camera. Cannot see the flicker in person.

DSC01285.JPGDSC01285.JPG
DSC01286.JPGDSC01286.JPG
DSC01287.JPGDSC01287.JPG
DSC01288.JPGDSC01288.JPG

#182 8 years ago

Is there a way to get more than one million point jackpot during the same multiball?

#183 8 years ago

Hi guys, just put mine up for sale, so will be leaving the club. I will also be selling a new silver CPR playfield, an unopened CPR plastics set, and a set of Toyotaboy's braces.

Dan

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is there a way to get more than one million point jackpot during the same multiball?

Good question, I have never collected more than one...

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from Curbfeeler:

just put mine up for sale, so will be leaving the club

what made you decide to give up on it?

#186 8 years ago

I'm scaling back my addiction...er...hobby

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from Curbfeeler:

Hi guys, just put mine up for sale, so will be leaving the club. I will also be selling a new silver CPR playfield, an unopened CPR plastics set, and a set of Toyotaboy's braces.
Dan

Any asking prices?

#188 8 years ago
Quoted from Curbfeeler:

I'm scaling back my addiction...er...hobby

I'll take your place since you sold it to me! I took a long time to find the right first game for my collection, and it paid off. I love this game. Great theme, music, and gameplay from a sweet era of pinball machines.

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from rockeeraccoon:

I'll take your place since you sold it to me! I took a long time to find the right first game for my collection, and it paid off. I love this game. Great theme, music, and gameplay from a sweet era of pinball machines.

Congrats, Fire was also my first purchase and got me started. Still have it today.

#190 8 years ago
Quoted from rockeeraccoon:

NICE JOB LAD!

#191 8 years ago

Offering these to the group first. I just checked my PayPal, and my cost was $100 on a cpr set of fire plastics, shown in detail here

http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo91.html

These are no longer available, I no longer need them. I will sell this set to group members at $110 shipped via paypal. Never installed, no backing removed except the topper which was on my mantle. Still perfect condition, was just displayed. No profit, just passing on the love.

Edit: sold!

20150725_092607.jpg20150725_092607.jpg

#192 8 years ago

Getting ready to start working on mine.
I need the 2 sling plastics. Used is fine.
20150728_171305.jpg20150728_171305.jpg
I have a few things I can trade or will purchase the sling plastics.
I have an unbroken center building and the extra ramp.
I also have a few of the buildings but they are all broken to some degree. Also have everything off the bottom side of a Fire playfield (I'm pretty sure…game is folded up).
20150728_171120.jpg20150728_171120.jpg
20150728_171101.jpg20150728_171101.jpg

3 months later
#193 8 years ago

couple things:
1. I have more brackets made up thanks to someone that bought half a batch. I have current stock on my website if anyone in the future is reading this:
http://www.illinoispinballclub.com/RANDM

2. That back middle plastic building above (20150728_171120.jpg) - Someone at expo was selling repos (had to be because he had a box of about a dozen of them, and they felt thicker), and they were only $10 each. I don't remember which booth, but it's whichever one is at the entrance with all the translites on the wall.

2 months later
#194 8 years ago

Fire! Fire! Fire!

Trying to wake this thread up. Where's the love for one of the best pins around?

#195 8 years ago

Got a second Bell...ya. I'm going to build my topper above game. Actually a red shelf, cutting hole buying the assembly, adding second Bell. Because 2 is better than one. That's why I have two Fire's! Metered fine for power, solenoid is independent on power, should work. I'll update and picture soon.

#196 8 years ago

Gotta love that bell

#197 8 years ago

Hey folks, first Pinside post here for a new member. My good friend and I discovered our love of pin a few months ago, and have spent the winter traveling Iowa finding public places to play and try out different machines. Recently we began discussing buying a machine and learning to fix it up - Lo and behold, we almost immediately found a good condition Fire! machine nearby from a seller on Craigslist. After testing it out, we were pleased to see that although there are (several) small fixes we need to do, in addition to a good cleaning, all of the parts, pieces, and plastics are present and in good working condition! It was quickly sold and moved to my house. We seriously can't stop playing this machine. Any suggested fixes, mods, or updates anyone could suggest to a new owner with a good but used machine? Thank you!

#198 8 years ago

Congrats on the Fire. That's a good pin to get started on. I too recently picked up a Fire, which is going to need a good shop job. Mine happens to be a champagne edition, which is kinda cool. Until I dig into it, I haven't got any good mods or suggestions for ya, other then to read a lot of pinside threads and learn how to take care of your game. Cleaning, waxing, new rubbers and a flipper rebuild will usually get you far. You will always find more things to fix when you tear into a game. When it comes to doing that, take many digital pics of everything you do, from various angles, ect. They will be your lifeline to properly re-assembling your game.
Where are you in Iowa?

#200 8 years ago

I would take a close look at the horseshoe u turn at the top of the playfield. That is where you advance your bonus X. Make sure that is working properly. Mine wasn't registering every time when I first got the game. Took a lot of touchy adjustments to get it working right.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 1,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-club/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.