image (resized).jpg
IMG_9373 (resized).jpeg
fire_brackets_7.25.23 (resized).jpg
IMG_3253 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3251 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3252 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3250 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3247 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,045 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.
#1001 12 months ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

Hello,
Would someone be kind enough to post some detailed pictures of the rear of the insert board. I'm specifically interested in the SOL. 14 flash lamp arrangement and the wiring arrangement of the associated resistor board at the lower right of the insert board.
Thanks!

Are you referring to the light panel in the back box? Here's a few pics of mine if that helps.

IMG_9280-1 (resized).jpgIMG_9280-1 (resized).jpgIMG_9281-1 (resized).jpgIMG_9281-1 (resized).jpgIMG_9282 (resized).jpgIMG_9282 (resized).jpg
#1002 12 months ago

Yes, perfect. Thanks!

#1003 12 months ago

Fire!!!

1 week later
#1004 11 months ago

Anybody get this mod? If so like it? Thoughts on quality?

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).pngs-l1600 (resized).png
#1005 11 months ago

Can anyone tell me what controls (sends power) the sling shots, what board they are on, and what they are.

#1006 11 months ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Anybody get this mod? If so like it? Thoughts on quality?
[quoted image][quoted image]

That is a personal preference.

My preference is a no. The art style does not fit the game

#1007 11 months ago
Quoted from Dannyb:

Can anyone tell me what controls (sends power) the sling shots, what board they are on, and what they are.

Power is sent to all the coils via the auxiliary board on the right in the backbox. The MPU controls when each coil is fired based on which switch is pressed.

#1008 11 months ago

Thank you

1 month later
#1009 10 months ago

Just checking if anyone has any extra right hand side buildings with the balcony somewhat intact. Mine was sheared off and missing when I got the game so I want a piece I can reinforce with the brackets and get my game operational. Thanks

#1010 10 months ago

Thanks to Quadrider for tracing the plastics and shipping me the paper, starting to scan them in and create 3D models. Had to import my support brackets to fill in missing geometry from his cracked plastic. Plan is to model new buildings that will be 3d printed and attached to new lasercut PETG plastics. This way if buildings ever get damaged they are replaceable. I'm likely going to update the buildings a bit, possibly add flame LED's inside.

new fire! plastics (resized).pngnew fire! plastics (resized).png
#1011 10 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Thanks to Quadrider for tracing the plastics and shipping me the paper, starting to scan them in and create 3D models. Had to import my support brackets to fill in missing geometry from his cracked plastic. Plan is to model new buildings that will be 3d printed and attached to new lasercut PETG plastics. This way if buildings ever get damaged they are replaceable. I'm likely going to update the buildings a bit, possibly add flame LED's inside.
[quoted image]

Seems like a worthy cause.......hope it goes well!!

Pay attention to the total thickness and alignment to the balcony ramps, that is probably the biggest challenge in getting this mod to work well IMO.

1 week later
#1012 10 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Starting to get some requests for more brackets, so I'll start this post to see if there's interest. Need at least 8 to make it worth running.
* FiDNeY103 - 1 set
* PGilligan - 1 set

Added 6 months ago: * FIREPOWER1980 - 1 set

Added 116 days ago: * Quadrider - 1 set

Added 88 days ago: Pyromedic - 1 set

Added 50 days ago: * pinflip_ - 1 set

Still holding at 6x….. need 2 more owners for another run. Any Takers?

#1013 9 months ago

I have come across a set of used buildings from a local owner who had long sold his game.
All have their issues, but maybe some are still useful - send me a message and we can discuss.
There are also a few smoke, bush/tree, nozzle & building railing plastics, but I did not include pictures of those, since they are still being produced. Again, send me a message if those are more what you are after.

IMG_3244 (resized).jpegIMG_3244 (resized).jpegIMG_3245 (resized).jpegIMG_3245 (resized).jpegIMG_3246 (resized).jpegIMG_3246 (resized).jpegIMG_3247 (resized).jpegIMG_3247 (resized).jpegIMG_3248 (resized).jpegIMG_3248 (resized).jpegIMG_3249 (resized).jpegIMG_3249 (resized).jpegIMG_3250 (resized).jpegIMG_3250 (resized).jpegIMG_3251 (resized).jpegIMG_3251 (resized).jpegIMG_3252 (resized).jpegIMG_3252 (resized).jpegIMG_3253 (resized).jpegIMG_3253 (resized).jpeg
#1014 9 months ago
Quoted from Theganch:

I have come across a set of used buildings from a local owner who had long sold his game.
All have their issues, but maybe some are still useful - send me a message and we can discuss.
There are also a few smoke, bush/tree, nozzle & building railing plastics, but I did not include pictures of those, since they are still being produced. Again, send me a message if those are more what you are after.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sent you a PM. Could really use the right side building.

#1015 9 months ago

Alright, this is the current list I have (I know it's been a while since the new list got started):

* FiDNeY103 - 1 set
* PGilligan - 1 set
* FIREPOWER1980 - 1 set
* Quadrider - 1 set
* Pyromedic - 1 set
* pinflip_ - 1 set
* tonedog - 1 set

Rather than getting these waterjet, I'm going to try lasercutting. I've lasercut other parts so I know the quality is equal. Looks like I need to run 10 parts each for the price break, and I break even around 5 sets. Even with inflation (and me started making these like 7-8 years ago), I'm still going to stick to my original $50 price for the set with hardware included. Please PM me if you're wanting a set, if I get at least 5 commitments I'm going to run the 10 sets so there's leftovers.

Looks like I can do stainless steel for about the same price, might be a little more durable but I'd probably have to pre-tap all the holes.

#1016 9 months ago

Brackets ordered, they should show up end of the week (still need to make a hardware order).

#1017 9 months ago

What's your total bracket count up to now?

1 week later
#1018 9 months ago

Brackets came in, pre-polished. Not even going to ask if anyone wants them painted, it would be a shame to cover up the shine.

fire_brackets_7.25.23 (resized).jpgfire_brackets_7.25.23 (resized).jpg
#1019 8 months ago

hardware arrived so I'm ready to ship out. Send me a PM if you're wanting a bracket set.

#1020 8 months ago

Took my buildings off to fix a few things and install those awesome brackets. Now after reinstall the ball is jumping over the barrier instead of going to the lock ball spots Anyone ever have this issue? I think I can add some washers under plastic building lower connections to lift up the plastic a little. Any other suggestions?

#1021 8 months ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Took my buildings off to fix a few things and install those awesome brackets. Now after reinstall the ball is jumping over the barrier instead of going to the lock ball spots Anyone ever have this issue? I think I can add some washers under plastic building lower connections to lift up the plastic a little. Any other suggestions?

Show pics or a vid?

#1022 8 months ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Is it every shot or just clean shot moving fast? Try to shoot a slow-motion video to see what’s making the ball jump and adjust as needed, yes I had this issue on my game for a bit it took a little dialing in to get things smoothed out.

#1023 8 months ago

I finally spent some time today on this. Leveled everything, reinstalled buildings with a few washers. Buildings are not great by holes. New washers helped with the stability. However, the ball was hitting lip of plastic on both sides and jumping over the barrier back to the flippers. So I added a few dots on metal part ramp to change speed a little. One game in a no new issues.

IMG_9373 (resized).jpegIMG_9373 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1024 8 months ago

One of the things I did which proved successful was to slightly reduce the length of the support post to somewhat compensate for the thickness of the toyotaboy brackets.

027 (resized).jpg027 (resized).jpg

028 (resized).jpg028 (resized).jpg

#1025 8 months ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

One of the things I did which proved successful was to slightly reduce the length of the support post to somewhat compensate for the thickness of the toyotaboy brackets.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That's a great solution, nice innovation!

2 months later
#1026 5 months ago

Hello.

New member here. I was given Fire! pinball (along with Black knight 2000 and Mousin around) for free a month ago. The Fire! had missing display and display mounting brackets. I found a spare display and display mounting brackets in my parts stash. The brackets are like the ones on this link:
https://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=U450 but they do not fit (the mounting points are too far apart). Can someone please post a photo of correct brackets or a photo of the back of the display panel.
Thank you.

1 month later
#1027 3 months ago

Just picked up a . Have an issue where when the ball goes up the center ramp, its stuck on the plastic ramp lip. I took a photo, is the metal frame supposed ro be below the plastic ramp or above ?

IMG_2163 (resized).jpegIMG_2163 (resized).jpegIMG_2172 (resized).jpegIMG_2172 (resized).jpeg
#1028 3 months ago
Quoted from topkat:

Just picked up a . Have an issue where when the ball goes up the center ramp, its stuck on the plastic ramp lip. I took a photo, is the metal frame supposed ro be below the plastic ramp or above ?[quoted image][quoted image]

Definitely above the plastic ramp

#1029 3 months ago

Thanks. Thats why always getting stuck

Anyone have any extra fire decals?

IMG_2173 (resized).jpegIMG_2173 (resized).jpeg
#1030 3 months ago
Quoted from topkat:

Thanks. Thats why always getting stuck
Anyone have any extra fire decals?[quoted image]

Classic arcades has them on eBay: ebay.com link: itm

Depending on how bad the wear and inserts are, you may want to consider hardtopping it instead.

2 weeks later
#1031 3 months ago

Hey, just got a nice fire. Does anybody know where switch 27 left horse is?

#1032 3 months ago

And during play, when Ball goes into East side building, game stops. Coil works...

IMG_20240118_232709 (resized).jpgIMG_20240118_232709 (resized).jpgIMG_20240118_233156 (resized).jpgIMG_20240118_233156 (resized).jpg
#1033 3 months ago

Faulty switch. Found it

#1034 3 months ago

Overall the pf is nice. I just need the fire decal inserts on the upper pf. If anyone bought the set and would sell please let me know

#1035 3 months ago
Quoted from coinsnpins:

5 year old bump...did you ever figure out how to fix the Adjust Switch 27, Left Horse message that comes on when it turns on?
Thanks

2 year bump. Did you solved this?

#1036 3 months ago

For the Champagne owners, I compiled some information about adding in the SOL 14 flashers. Click and scroll to May/2023...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/fire/repair/repair.html

Here's a brief video...

4 weeks later
#1037 61 days ago

I've been digging back into this game lately, had been putting off any work until I have time for the playfield swap but decided to get flippers rebuilt and enjoy it again in the near term. I've noticed a couple times with a 10x bonus and higher base, the math is off? first time 89,000 gave me 880,000 and just now 91,000 gave me 900,000

Mob tax?

Anyone else ever noticed this, presume it's a code bug and not a processor problem.

#1038 61 days ago

I just bought a Fire!. Trying to find left and right plastics along with shooter lane. Also looking for flame drum assembly.

Completed:
Rebuilt shooter, cleaned playfield, new rubbers,
Adding:
NVRAM, 2 back box bridge rectifier, and flipper rebuild kit.

#1040 60 days ago

My Fire! is up and running. So my family can enjoy it and start challenging each other is there a way to remove the high scores that are defaulted? I already switched the high score reset to 24k.

#1041 60 days ago
Quoted from FireKingpin:

My Fire! is up and running. So my family can enjoy it and start challenging each other is there a way to remove the high scores that are defaulted? I already switched the high score reset to 24k.

I believe the default high scores are the lowest available. Don’t worry if you aren’t t hitting them yet. Soon, you’ll surpass every one of them

#1042 60 days ago

Thank you for your confidence. I am looking forward to playing it with family.

#1044 57 days ago

toyotaboy Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions about your brackets even though you aren't producing them anymore. I sent the specs off to sendcutsend (total cost was 37 including shipping). Looking forward to getting them on and protecting the plastics.

IMG_7831 (resized).jpegIMG_7831 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1045 7 days ago

Hi all, is the Pinscore a great replacement display from Pinball Life a nice choice for Fire? Thanks in advance!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
There are 1,045 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-club/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.