image (resized).jpg
IMG_9373 (resized).jpeg
fire_brackets_7.25.23 (resized).jpg
IMG_3253 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3251 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3252 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3250 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3247 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,045 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 21.
#801 3 years ago

toyota boy any update on next run? stopped playing the fire as i dont want those buildingsgetting worse. please send me payment info

#802 3 years ago

I have a set I’m not using if anyone needs one.
I don’t want to sabotage or delay the next run so I’ll check with Toyotaboy to make sure it doesn’t cause problems for everyone on the list. If so, I can hold on to them until the next batch is all sold and gone.

#803 3 years ago
Quoted from mIkea:

I have a set I’m not using if anyone needs one.
I don’t want to sabotage or delay the next run so I’ll check with Toyotaboy to make sure it doesn’t cause problems for everyone on the list. If so, I can hold on to them until the next batch is all sold and gone.

Don't "not sell" your set for me. I have made plenty on these ramp supports for my time invested. Perfectly happy to run another set if I get the minimum to cover my cost even if I end up sitting on 3-4 sets. Your other option is to download my dxf files and find a waterjet, lasercut, or plasmajet vendor to make you some. Just know that most places want $50-$75 for setup which is why it's better for someone (not even necessarily me) to run a small batch to make it worth it.
http://www.randompinball.com/wfire

#804 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Don't "not sell" your set for me. I have made plenty on these ramp supports for my time invested. Perfectly happy to run another set if I get the minimum to cover my cost even if I end up sitting on 3-4 sets. Your other option is to download my dxf files and find a waterjet, lasercut, or plasmajet vendor to make you some. Just know that most places want $50-$75 for setup which is why it's better for someone (not even necessarily me) to run a small batch to make it worth it.
http://www.randompinball.com/wfire

Awesome- didn’t want to step on toes.
I may have a buyer already.
Thanks!

#805 3 years ago

Anyone have fire insert decals? Also, I am looking for the left and right shooter lane building/plastics.

#806 3 years ago

decals existed, just not in stock anywhere
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/insert-decals-overlays/9232/insert-decal-set-for-fire
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CA-51B

As far as buildings they are unobtanium. TNT amusements once claimed in a video someone is recreating them, but even if they manage that I would be curious about how they are going to paint them and make all the decals.

#807 3 years ago

I am really looking for these decals. Marco use to sell them but I guess doesn't have stock. If someone has some left over from a restoration, please let me know.

firepinball (resized).jpgfirepinball (resized).jpg
1 week later
#808 3 years ago

I'd highly suggest getting a scan and making your own water slide decals. The decals I received for my World Cup Soccer from Pinball Center were absolute garbage.

#809 3 years ago

toyotaboy Take me off the waiting list. I grabbed the set from mIkea.

1 month later
#810 2 years ago
Quoted from Shabazz18:

I haven't been paying attention, but I'm in

Quoted from toyotaboy:

Last check-in, there was only 4 people on the list:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-club/page/15#post-5902789
I usually like to run 8-9 sets for cost efficiency.. I would probably kick it off if I got 6 committed because I could at least break even and anything beyond that would be spares.

I would be in for a set, just joined the club and won’t be playing the game at all until I can address this spot on both sides which are cracked and near complete failure. Patience right?

#811 2 years ago

I restored my Fire! a couple years ago with LEDs, poly bands, toyotaboy’s brackets (awesome, btw) and an overall shop job. It’s always fun to play.

Has anyone added the OCD LED board to their controlled lights? I’ve done this to a number of other games, either my own or a customers, and am about to add that to my Fire. I plan to post a before/after video but was just curious if others had tried it specifically on a Fire and what your impressions were. I should know hopefully in a few days when it shows up but enjoy getting others impressions and opinions.

#812 2 years ago

Looks like I have 7 buyers for brackets?

@robotron: 1 set
Shabazz18 - 1 set
@ Brybicki - 1 set
Shabazz18 - 1 set
PinballHaven - 1 set
cmack750 - 1 set
TheBeefSupreme - 1 set

If so I'll probably pull the trigger this week. If I have 3 sets leftover, they can fill in for buyers in the future.

#813 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Looks like I have 6 buyers for brackets?
robotron: 1 set
Shabazz18 - 1 set
@ Brybicki - 1 set
Shabazz18 - 1 set
Plungerboy - 1 set
cmack750 - 1 set
If so I'll probably pull the trigger this week. If I have 3 sets leftover, they can fill in for buyers in the future.

I would like to buy a set too!

#814 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Looks like I have 7 buyers for brackets?
robotron: 1 set
Shabazz18 - 1 set
@ Brybicki - 1 set
Shabazz18 - 1 set
Plungerboy - 1 set
cmack750 - 1 set
TheBeefSupreme - 1 set

please send me payment info
thanks

#815 2 years ago

New owner checking in! Just picked this one up yesterday. NVram will be my first mod as it's still using AA's! As for the sling shot plastics I'm guessing eBay is the best bet for them?

51161771532_2eb1df28eb_o (resized).jpg51161771532_2eb1df28eb_o (resized).jpg51161778432_ba7dae8dac_o (resized).jpg51161778432_ba7dae8dac_o (resized).jpg51162434336_2681b14737_o (resized).jpg51162434336_2681b14737_o (resized).jpg51163221999_e6e11e30c2_o (resized).jpg51163221999_e6e11e30c2_o (resized).jpg51163229199_f217ba4531_o (resized).jpg51163229199_f217ba4531_o (resized).jpg51163539475_8636b72ed6_o (resized).jpg51163539475_8636b72ed6_o (resized).jpg
#816 2 years ago

Congrats on the purchase! Classic playfields has the full plastic set, I just ordered mine a few days ago. You might also consider getting in on the next bracket run from Toyotaboy a few posts back, a must-have part IMO.

1 week later
#817 2 years ago

Here’s a short video as an attempt to show the before/after of the OCD LED board on my Fire! As much as I typically like the improvement these boards do for games, I gotta say I’m a little underwhelmed for the effect for Fire. I definitely like what it did for the flame inserts and after adjusting some of the light profiles, I got it a little more to my liking, but overall it wasn’t a “huge” difference compared to the effect it has had on other games. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not meaning to down it and am satisfied enough to keep it installed, but wanted to at least share with others my impression.

Quoted from rlbohon3:

I restored my Fire! a couple years ago with LEDs, poly bands, toyotaboy’s brackets (awesome, btw) and an overall shop job. It’s always fun to play.
Has anyone added the OCD LED board to their controlled lights? I’ve done this to a number of other games, either my own or a customers, and am about to add that to my Fire. I plan to post a before/after video but was just curious if others had tried it specifically on a Fire and what your impressions were. I should know hopefully in a few days when it shows up but enjoy getting others impressions and opinions.</blockquot

Has anyone added the OCD LED board to their controlled lights? I’ve done this to a number of other games, either my own or a customers, and am about to add that to my Fire. I plan to post a before/after video but was just curious if others had tried it specifically on a Fire and what your impressions were. I should know hopefully in a few days when it shows up but enjoy getting others impressions and opinions.

#818 2 years ago
Quoted from rlbohon3:

Here’s a short video as an attempt to show the before/after of the OCD LED board on my Fire! As much as I typically like the improvement these boards do for games, I gotta say I’m a little underwhelmed for the effect for Fire. I definitely like what it did for the flame inserts and after adjusting some of the light profiles, I got it a little more to my liking, but overall it wasn’t a “huge” difference compared to the effect it has had on other games. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not meaning to down it and am satisfied enough to keep it installed, but wanted to at least share with others my impression.

I don't know... I think it does make a noticable difference... but I am pretty picky on the LED thing... I like it better with the OCD LED board... who's board did you use for this machine?

#819 2 years ago
Quoted from dfester007:

I don't know... I think it does make a noticable difference... but I am pretty picky on the LED thing... I like it better with the OCD LED board... who's board did you use for this machine?

Thanks. Yeah, overall I do still like it on this game. Just not as big of a difference as what I’ve seen on some other games.
Not sure I understand your question, but the OCD LED board is what I bought for this game (www.ledocd.com); just the playfield controlled lights.

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from rlbohon3:

The first 20 seconds of that video really encapsulates the Fire! experience! XD

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from Scrimmbo:

The first 20 seconds of that video really encapsulates the Fire! experience! XD

LOL, yes indeed... especially how I play.

#822 2 years ago

brackets came yesterday, hardware won't be here until tomorrow or tuesday. I'll send everyone a PM when they're ready.

brackets (resized).jpgbrackets (resized).jpg
#823 2 years ago

Fire! Got a little NVRam love tonight. No more AA's for this Fire!

51198129997_9628af7d8a_4k (resized).jpg51198129997_9628af7d8a_4k (resized).jpg51198841621_96badbb26f_4k (resized).jpg51198841621_96badbb26f_4k (resized).jpg51198841691_5724ca24d7_4k (resized).jpg51198841691_5724ca24d7_4k (resized).jpg51198841846_f7f0b1a9bf_4k (resized).jpg51198841846_f7f0b1a9bf_4k (resized).jpg
#824 2 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Fire! Got a little NVRam love tonight. No more AA's for this Fire!

Very nice! How hard was the soldering work?

#825 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Very nice! How hard was the soldering work?

I've worked on just about every circuit board there is and this one was very nice to me! Some solder wick and it all came off pretty easy. Just have to be careful on the heat so you don't lift any pads but over all went very smooth and easy. I re-flowed all the header pins as well even though they didn't look bad at all just because I had the board out. Going to install it shortly so we'll see how it went for real!

#826 2 years ago

Hey there, I just joined the club today. I picked one up in a pretty beat cab. I know this is an extremely long shot, but was wondering if anyone in the northeast may have a spare empty cab in better shape than mine. My front panel is pretty destroyed.

#827 2 years ago

I recently found a Fire! from a retired Phoenix Fire Department Captain. I had been looking for one for some time. I was born and raised in Chicago and have a cousin currently in the Chicago Fire Department. I wanted to restore it and dedicate it to Chicago Firemen, past present and future. Take a look at the custom score cards I made. Tell me what you think. I am planning on making a modified translight "The Great Chicago Fire of 1871" and a custom shooter.

I am trying to put out a few embers on my Fire! Game is set to free play and starts fine. Here are my issues: Right lower sling does not fire when switch is tripped but when jumpered to left sling they both fire as expected in test mode. I get Ball waiting when I push the balls around it senses ball one drained but does not load ball 2. Last question is how have people reconstructed the skill shot extension that trips the switch at back of playfield shooter channel? ( see third picture of what it should look like) All I have is the bracket and the switch in back. My Plastic building above the shooter channel is badly damaged and has big holes. Does anyone know where to get one used or new?

I get the following errors:
OUTHOLE 06 10
FIRE PLUG 06 26
TROU MD 2 BALLS 06 55
TROU RT 1 BALL 06 56
CENTER RAMP DN 06 59

The Fire Plug seems to be working fine though. The Ramp goes up and down correctly as well.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_1576 (resized).jpgIMG_1576 (resized).jpgFIRE! Card1 (resized).jpgFIRE! Card1 (resized).jpgFIRE! Card2 (resized).jpgFIRE! Card2 (resized).jpgDSC_5370 (resized).jpgDSC_5370 (resized).jpg
#828 2 years ago

Made a little video flyer over of my Fire! Have a look give it a like!

1 week later
#829 2 years ago

PM's sent, 5 brackets paid for and shipped out.. only 4 left.

#830 2 years ago

Prepping for my brackets arrival later today......found this under the right side housing. Am I missing some factory part here? Looks like there was once something screwed down to play field between the ball catch hole and the kick out gate.

932FD1D0-80D0-46B0-B2C1-893955533731 (resized).jpeg932FD1D0-80D0-46B0-B2C1-893955533731 (resized).jpegB4C1D5E2-59EA-4EB3-979E-305EBD6E502C (resized).jpegB4C1D5E2-59EA-4EB3-979E-305EBD6E502C (resized).jpeg
#831 2 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Is this normal? Its broken, but it seems like it may have been intentional since the ball kicks over this thing to get out. is it just there to help the ball stay in the scoop?
[quoted image]

Ignore my last post I found the answer in another older post pic......gotta love pinside-

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from rlbohon3:

i think it looks very good btw where did you get side blades? the game rally pops with the oranges and red. i put twinkling LEDs behind the backglass "FIRE!" to give it a cool fire effect

#833 2 years ago

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/fire-pinball-sideblades/ saw these disd blaes but little expensive anyone ever use this vendor?

#834 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i think it looks very good btw where did you get side blades? the game rally pops with the oranges and red. i put twinkling LEDs behind the backglass "FIRE!" to give it a cool fire effect

I have the Tilt Graphics blades. https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/fire-gameblades

I also added Comet fire bulbs in the upper section of the backbox behind the flames for the effect as well. BTW, the fire bulbs don’t work well on the playfield controlled lights. They’re fine for GI but don’t work too well for controlled circuits due to pulse width modulation. I tried this in the buildings instead of the red bulbs and found out they just don’t work in that situation. Lots of weird flicker instead of cycling through the flame-effect. Just passing along.

#835 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/fire-pinball-sideblades/ saw these disd blaes but little expensive anyone ever use this vendor?

I used their decals before many years ago and was pleased. I can't speak for recent quality.

#836 2 years ago

Can anyone speak to the ring kit list accuracy in the manual? I know they are always hit and miss and if possible I would like to place just one order from Titan for the game.

#837 2 years ago

installed the toyotaboy ramp bracketsover the weekend. great mod its like night and day. one of the best mods out there .
thank you for making these.

#838 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Can anyone speak to the ring kit list accuracy in the manual? I know they are always hit and miss and if possible I would like to place just one order from Titan for the game.

It has been awhile since I did my Fire, but I think that it takes more 7/16”. I think that it should be 7 rather than the 4 listed.

#839 2 years ago
Quoted from squad8:

It has been awhile since I did my Fire, but I think that it takes more 7/16”. I think that it should be 7 rather than the 4 listed.

Thank you! There is nothing worse than placing a ring kit order going by the list and then having to re-order. I mean I guess one could always order extras of everything.

#840 2 years ago

I joined the club last month. I had picked this up in hopes of gifting it to my dad for father's day. Looks like he's going to get some new fishing gear instead. The cab was a bit rougher than the ad made it look and is going to require a bit of labor on my end to make it nice enough to gift.

The slings weren't working and the ad noted that. Best case fuse, worst case transistor or something more. This looks like the something more. I have a new U50 coming in tomorrow and will socket and replace that as well as swap out the four transistors in the damaged area.

Once I get it tested and working, the body work will start. Fiber glass resin to fill the major areas and then some bondo for the lesser areas and a skim coat.

After that who knows. It seems like there are no solid decal suppliers for this cab. The places overseas don't have great reviews and neither does the place that prints for PPS. Stu seems to be the only person that at one point many moons ago had vectorized art available, but he has removed himself from every online group that I can find. I may have his old CPR email somewhere. It is highly doubtful that is still works or that he still has the files.

I am open to any and all input that y'all may have on must haves, advice, decals that you have purchased and liked, and what not. I got a set of toyotaboy's brackets yesterday.

IMG_7875 (resized).jpgIMG_7875 (resized).jpgIMG_7876 (resized).jpgIMG_7876 (resized).jpgIMG_7877 (resized).jpgIMG_7877 (resized).jpgIMG_7882 (resized).jpgIMG_7882 (resized).jpgIMG_7887 (resized).jpgIMG_7887 (resized).jpgIMG_7915 (resized).jpgIMG_7915 (resized).jpg
#841 2 years ago

Does anyone have these 3 new cpr plastics to sell that has 1/8” holes?
These 3 cpr repros have 3/16” holes and are too large for the rivet heads.

C02392B3-B143-484D-A728-5C427366337A (resized).jpegC02392B3-B143-484D-A728-5C427366337A (resized).jpeg
#842 2 years ago
Quoted from squad8:

Nice looking Roto-Ray.

#843 2 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Does anyone have these 3 new cpr plastics to sell that has 1/8” holes?
These 3 cpr repros have 3/16” holes and are too large for the rivet heads.
[quoted image]

Washer behind the rivet should work if it won’t hold without it? You can always drill it out if you don’t like the visual.

#844 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I have a new U50 coming

ouch .... ya that sling did some damage.

#845 2 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

ouch .... ya that sling did some damage.

Yeah, something big happened there previous to this. The guy I bought it from had it for fifteen years and states he didn't do any PCB repairs. Something took this section down before and it could be why it went down again.

2 weeks later
#846 2 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Funny you mention that Chuck, I just turned the power on and first thing was "Adjust Switch 27, Left horse" so go figure. Toyota, I'd be more than happy to purchase a set of those if you can hold them for me till mid February when I get paid next.
Other than that, restoration has begun- We started simple, by replacing the coin box lock, and tightening the set screw in the ladder ramp motor which was causing the ladder not to raise most of the time. Now just waiting on the boxes of bulbs from pinballlife to begin replacing those (both bulbs for the cylinder are burnt out) I did notice one major thing I need some ideas on how to fix - The plastic connector for the right side of buildings near the ladder ramp is busted and missing - which makes the right row of buildings extremely flimsy and bounce up and down whenever the ball goes near because it's not connected to the screw that keeps it stable. (I really don't want to risk busting up some of the plastic) Any thoughts/suggestions on how to fix that specific issue?

[quoted image][quoted image]

5 year old bump...did you ever figure out how to fix the Adjust Switch 27, Left Horse message that comes on when it turns on?

Thanks

1 month later
#847 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

brackets came yesterday, hardware won't be here until tomorrow or tuesday. I'll send everyone a PM when they're ready.[quoted image]

Down to my last set. If you're on the fence, these probably aren't going to be made again.

#848 2 years ago

My right eject is having a ton of trouble ejecting the ball. It just keeps trying but can’t quit kick it out. Game is set to 6.5 degrees and even at various levels it struggles. Any tips on how I can trouble shoot?

48E9DE7D-3CFF-4710-9923-460E2763C4FD (resized).jpeg48E9DE7D-3CFF-4710-9923-460E2763C4FD (resized).jpeg
#849 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

My right eject is having a ton of trouble ejecting the ball. It just keeps trying but can’t quit kick it out. Game is set to 6.5 degrees and even at various levels it struggles. Any tips on how I can trouble shoot?[quoted image]

So long as the one-way gate isn't preventing it from coming out, I would say your coil is weak. Check for carbon dust on the coil sleeve (either clean it or replace it if it is dirty), check to make sure there isn't something else mechanical that's preventing it from operating correctly. Lastly check the resistance, that coil is AE-23-800-02, and the resistance should be 5.3 ohms.

#850 2 years ago

Mine appears to be AE-23-800-03. I’m not sure what difference the 02 vs 03 makes. There isn’t anything in the way, it’s kicking but just isn’t quite strong enough to get the ball over that metal lip. I’m not against ordering a new coil and trying my hand at a replacement, just wasn’t sure if there was some way to adjust the power of the current one or anything like that. Also, I put on your brackets earlier today!

4A1D5DB9-40AE-4362-8C54-103450FC5617 (resized).jpeg4A1D5DB9-40AE-4362-8C54-103450FC5617 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,045 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-club/page/17?hl=scrimmbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.