image (resized).jpg
IMG_9373 (resized).jpeg
fire_brackets_7.25.23 (resized).jpg
IMG_3253 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3251 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3252 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3250 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3247 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,045 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 21.
#551 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Another question. There is what looks like a switch at the exit of the left side (west) ball lock. But it isn’t really a switch. Is this supposed to function as a one way gate of sorts?
[quoted image]

Yes, kind of keeps balls from going into that ball lock area.

#552 5 years ago

Used all brand new diodes on rebuild.......ended up having 5-6 that were bad causing all my controlled lam issues all fixed and working great....one more step closer to finishing this project....thanks to those that replied and tried to help

#553 5 years ago

Can someone that owns a Champagne edition please look at the back of the backbone insert and tell me what size fuse goes in line for the rotating drums and lamps....I can't find it in any manual or any other references I have searched

#554 5 years ago

If any new owners are reading this, fire brackets sold out again. I keep saying I'll never do a run because there aren't enough to justify it, but when I start a list people tend to come out of the woodwork (and some that were interested in the last run didn't buy).

So starting a list for a run of 9 more sets:
1. rdbronko73

#555 5 years ago
Quoted from Fixer837:

Can someone that owns a Champagne edition please look at the back of the backbone insert and tell me what size fuse goes in line for the rotating drums and lamps....I can't find it in any manual or any other references I have searched

For what it's worth, looks like s 4A MDL.

15477860303051805126275 (resized).jpg15477860303051805126275 (resized).jpg
#556 5 years ago

Thank you very much!!

#557 5 years ago

Think we should all begin mass mailing planetary or back alley incessantly until someone reproduces the Side building plastics......lol I am nearing this very lengthy restoration/ upgrade to Champagne only thing I haven't found is the left building plastic over a long time I was able to obtain all other plastics NOS......anyone have a perfect left building plastic they would trade for three imerperfect but usable ones??? Yeah right thought everyone could use a laugh......can't wait to finish this and be able to save the baby

#558 5 years ago

@kermit24.....I have a spare rear horseshoe "ramp" it is very dirty but think would clean up and flame polish nicely it has no broken places

#559 5 years ago
Quoted from Fixer837:

incessantly until someone reproduces the Side building plastics.

Side and center buildings.. There wouldn't be too much to vacuum forming them. I suppose the trick would be the white and brown painting and many, many decals. As long as the decals were made, I am sure the customers wouldn't mind putting them on. "Thumbs up" this post to show your interest. PM your Fire owning friends to do the same.

#560 5 years ago
Quoted from Fixer837:

anyone have a perfect left building plastic they would trade for three imerperfect but usable ones??? Yeah right thought everyone could use a laugh......can't wait to finish this and be able to save the baby

When I bought mine a few years ago, it had a NOS (can't remember if it was left or right) building included. I stupidly put it on ebay before realizing how valuable it was (though it did sell for like $200). Just saying if my game had one, it's possible there are other owners out there holding onto them (it's entirely possible williams included a spare set knowing it was an issue). But yea as far as reproducing them not only is it a very big tool (but certainly feasible), it's a lot of scanning labels, cleaning them up, and getting them printed.
The only other idea I had was modeling up the existing plastics (making improvements like including open windows so you could light them up with flame led's that light the insides) and 3d printing them (attaching a separate PETG surface where the ball rolls).

#561 5 years ago

Does anyone have a GI bulb count for this game? just looking for number of bulbs and flashers.

1 week later
#562 5 years ago

Is this normal? Its broken, but it seems like it may have been intentional since the ball kicks over this thing to get out. is it just there to help the ball stay in the scoop?

2019-02-02 22.31.07 (resized).jpg2019-02-02 22.31.07 (resized).jpg

#563 5 years ago

Again, id like to ask if anyone with a nice / new playfield can take a nice picture of the 50,000 rescue shot insert? Please? I would love to make vector art so we can start making decals.

#564 5 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Is this normal? Its broken, but it seems like it may have been intentional since the ball kicks over this thing to get out. is it just there to help the ball stay in the scoop?
[quoted image]

Normal.. it is there as a just in case keeper, when ball kicks out it goes over it.

#565 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Normal.. it is there as a just in case keeper, when ball kicks out it goes over it.

Thanks!

#566 5 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Again, id like to ask if anyone with a nice / new playfield can take a nice picture of the 50,000 rescue shot insert? Please? I would love to make vector art so we can start making decals.

Mine has some Mylar lifting, but I hope this helps.

C2719525-6BE0-47B8-AEB0-2C6A212B4239 (resized).jpegC2719525-6BE0-47B8-AEB0-2C6A212B4239 (resized).jpegEE8E2D47-0CD9-4117-BDE3-13FA44D28E9F (resized).jpegEE8E2D47-0CD9-4117-BDE3-13FA44D28E9F (resized).jpeg
#567 5 years ago
Quoted from squad8:

Mine has some Mylar lifting, but I hope this helps.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, That is better than mine. will definitely help

3 weeks later
#568 5 years ago

Doing some cabinet repair and wondering if anyone has the color match codes for the cabinet paints? Or even a set of the decals that used to be made? Or if you know where to get a set...

Thanks

#569 5 years ago

Has anyone else tried Comet flame LED bulbs in their Fire? They don't seem to work very well in any of the controlled lamp sockets. They flash too fast and the effect is lost. It's a shame. The literal fire inserts would have looked great flickering. They still work correctly in GI though. So I still have some flames on the playfield.

#570 5 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Has anyone else tried Comet flame LED bulbs in their Fire? They don't seem to work very well in any of the controlled lamp sockets. They flash too fast and the effect is lost. It's a shame. The literal fire inserts would have looked great flickering. They still work correctly in GI though. So I still have some flames on the playfield.

I have used them in the backbox.

3 weeks later
#571 5 years ago

Hi have you done the insert ? I have the same problem on my fire.

Thanks if you can give me the file to print.

Or if someone have a file with all the insert to print ? I buy one from pinballcente but bad color

IMG_20190330_144704 (resized).jpgIMG_20190330_144704 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#572 5 years ago

Hi all, I've been really busy lately and havent gotten around to finishing up my FIRE project, I did sit down for an hour today and create a vector from the image scans I received. Its a very intricate design and I am not a graphics artist, but I think it came out pretty good. Next step would be test printing to get the size/ink settings correct, then trimming the image to my/your particular needs (I included both firemen, the ladder, and the lower florish to make it useful to as many people as possible) Finally, printing on a waterslide decal and mounting on your game, preferably between two layers of clearcoat. If anyone out there makes mylar/vinyl insert decals, please feel free to use this image and even sell them if you want. If you do sell them, please credit me and send me one haha.

FIRE_vectorized.pngFIRE_vectorized.png
#573 5 years ago

Here is the original image I ended up working from in case anyone else wants to make one or improve mine.

52630275_604929156646823_2543641179296104448_n.jpg52630275_604929156646823_2543641179296104448_n.jpg
#574 5 years ago

My flippers stop working when the game warms up.when they do I can go in the backbox and push the switch on the flipper relay up and they work again but will go back out after a few games.is this a bad relay or do you think it's something else like the relay not getting the signal?

2 weeks later
#575 4 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

My flippers stop working when the game warms up.when they do I can go in the backbox and push the switch on the flipper relay up and they work again but will go back out after a few games.is this a bad relay or do you think it's something else like the relay not getting the signal?

I'm sure you know. But Fire has a dedicated flipper board in back-box, you looked at that yet?

#576 4 years ago

I'm sure you know. But Fire has a dedicated flipper board in back-box, you looked at that yet?

Don't be so sure lol I had the flipper relay reflowed along with ij19 pins 1&2 and so far it's holding up but I haven't given it a proper beating to be sure if they go out again I'll check into that and update any findings

3 weeks later
#577 4 years ago

Starting another want list for the brackets:
Jamie_H - 1 set
PPalliser75 - 1 set
EricPinballFan - 1 set

Added over 5 years ago:

Pinballmaniac40 - 2 sets

Added over 5 years ago:

Chriss - 1 set

Added over 5 years ago:

rlbohon3 - 1 set

Added over 5 years ago:

fossmin - 1 set

Added over 5 years ago:

one more set: dc2010

#578 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Jamie_H - 1 set
PPalliser75 - 1 set

Gosh, these are Great! Bump!

#579 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Jamie_H - 1 set
PPalliser75 - 1 set

Im in. Please put me down for another set!
Curious small request. Im going to try and plate these brass for my Fire. What metal do you use, basic Aluminum alloy?

#580 4 years ago

What metal do you use, basic Aluminum alloy?

Yea, I don't supply the material but since my vendor is probably using Mcmaster it should be 6061 aluminum.

2 weeks later
#581 4 years ago

I'm having trouble with my ramps. The small magnet coils that lowers the ramps are not powerful enough to release the held mechanisms. I thought they were not working at all until I held the tabs very close and they did indeed pull in. It is very easy to release the mechanisms with your fingers so I don't feel like that's my issue. I've resoldered wires to the tabs of the coils as I've had that help in the past but it didn't help. Anyone have any tips for ramps stuck in the up position?

While I'm here, can someone explain like I'm 5 how the ramp height adjustment works? I can't get my ramps to touch the playfield no matter how I adjust.

#582 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Jamie_H - 1 set
PPalliser75 - 1 set
EricPinballFan - 1 set

2 sets please

#583 4 years ago

added.. 3 more and I'll pull the trigger. Even if I run 9 sets I like to keep one spare around.

#584 4 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

I'm having trouble with my ramps. The small magnet coils that lowers the ramps are not powerful enough to release the held mechanisms. I thought they were not working at all until I held the tabs very close and they did indeed pull in. It is very easy to release the mechanisms with your fingers so I don't feel like that's my issue. I've resoldered wires to the tabs of the coils as I've had that help in the past but it didn't help. Anyone have any tips for ramps stuck in the up position?
While I'm here, can someone explain like I'm 5 how the ramp height adjustment works? I can't get my ramps to touch the playfield no matter how I adjust.

Nevermind I got it fixed.
The mechanisms we're pretty easy to move, but after I filed down the edges on the two metal parts that interact it was WAY easier to move. Both ramps functional now.

I had a good long stare at the ramp adjustment, I understand it now, but mines minimum height adjustment isn't low enough. It looks like someone ground down the tab a bit to compensate in the past. Maybe I'll grind it down a bit more, but it's fine for now.

#585 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Gosh, these are Great! Bump!

These ramp supports by Toyotaboy are a must for any Fire owner.

#586 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

added.. 3 more and I'll pull the trigger. Even if I run 9 sets I like to keep one spare around.

I would take a set. Should I PM you?

#587 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I would take a set. Should I PM you?

Nope.. when I hit 8 I'll confirm with everyone then pull the trigger

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Nope.. when I hit 8 I'll confirm with everyone then pull the trigger

Only Two more. Bump'in supports!

1 week later
#589 4 years ago

I'm new to Fire! Just picked one up in an auction a couple days ago and anxious to get started going through it once I finish up a refurb on another EM game I have. It's currently powering up, but not much after that in terms of sign of life. Will dive into it soon.

Browsing the forums, looks like the brackets are a must have so add me to the list (I'll PM you @toyotaboy). Thanks!

#590 4 years ago
Quoted from rlbohon3:

Browsing the forums, looks like the brackets are a must have so add me to the list (I'll PM you toyotaboy). Thanks!

1 set away now.

1 week later
#592 4 years ago

I'm gradually bringing some life to my newly acquired Fire. Battery holder was partially missing; one of the contacts had some corrosion but otherwise no evidence of corrosion on the rest of the board. I removed the contacts and soldered in a lithium battery. Display is bad, at least the upper two displays are dead. A new Pinscore display is on it's way. It now plays and the next bugs started to surface. I found the right side VUK really gummed up. Solenoid, plunger and sleeve were fine, but the pivot had what seemed like solidified grease. Took it apart, cleaned it up and gave it a very light touch of oil. Same problem on the right ramp lift mechanism. They work fine now. Half of the GI wasn't working; found a blown 5A fuse. Right flipper is in bad shape; bushing cracked. New parts to rebuild flippers, new poly bands, etc... on order. Can't wait to get it working great.

So one issue my game still has is regarding the playfield mylar. Over some of the inserts, it's lifting. The area near the ladder is also lifting a bit. I'm trying to decide whether or not to remove the mylar or leave it alone. I fear pulling paint but am trying to get a feel for how successful it is to remove it with an upside down air can/freeze removal method. And then does naptha do an effective job cleaning the old adhesive off the playfield for this game? Just curious if any of you fellow Fire owners went through this and how did it go? BTW, if I do end up taking the mylar off, my thoughts are to just keep it well waxed. It will be a home use only game here on.

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from rlbohon3:

I'm gradually bringing some life to my newly acquired Fire. Battery holder was partially missing; one of the contacts had some corrosion but otherwise no evidence of corrosion on the rest of the board. I removed the contacts and soldered in a lithium battery. Display is bad, at least the upper two displays are dead. A new Pinscore display is on it's way. It now plays and the next bugs started to surface. I found the right side VUK really gummed up. Solenoid, plunger and sleeve were fine, but the pivot had what seemed like solidified grease. Took it apart, cleaned it up and gave it a very light touch of oil. Same problem on the right ramp lift mechanism. They work fine now. Half of the GI wasn't working; found a blown 5A fuse. Right flipper is in bad shape; bushing cracked. New parts to rebuild flippers, new poly bands, etc... on order. Can't wait to get it working great.
So one issue my game still has is regarding the playfield mylar. Over some of the inserts, it's lifting. The area near the ladder is also lifting a bit. I'm trying to decide whether or not to remove the mylar or leave it alone. I fear pulling paint but am trying to get a feel for how successful it is to remove it with an upside down air can/freeze removal method. And then does naptha do an effective job cleaning the old adhesive off the playfield for this game? Just curious if any of you fellow Fire owners went through this and how did it go? BTW, if I do end up taking the mylar off, my thoughts are to just keep it well waxed. It will be a home use only game here on.

For the love of god, do not take the Mylar of this game. You might want to look at my Fire Restoration thread if you even think about doing that.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-restoration
I have taken Mylar of many games and this was the only one I had trouble with. I knew the Mylar was different as soon as I started to take it off. Is didn’t feel like any Mylar that I have dealt with before. Just my two cents.

#594 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

For the love of god, so not take the Mylar of this game. You might want to look at my Fire Restoration thread if you even think about doing that.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-restoration
I have taken Mylar of many games and this was the only one I had trouble with. I knew the Mylar was different as soon as I started to take it off. Is didn’t feel like any Mylar that I have dealt with before. Just my two cents.

Thanks for the advice. Exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for specifically to this machine. I'll read up on your restoration thread.

#595 4 years ago
Quoted from rlbohon3:

Thanks for the advice. Exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for specifically to this machine. I'll read up on your restoration thread.

Lonzo's thread for Fire is very good.
Ya, dont touch mylar. Ive trimmed a few pieces that were lifting with a razor blade laying flat on table, then gently trim. But, thats it, only if its fully lifting in a spot.

#596 4 years ago

Bump. I will take a set. Is this the last one needed?

#597 4 years ago

Thanks for the advice for not risking the play field by removing the entire Mylar for Fire. Point well taken and glad I asked (and very thankful for the advice). My Mylar isn’t exactly terrible, it’s just not great in some spots and totally livable.
-Leebo

#598 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Jamie_H - 1 set
PPalliser75 - 1 set
EricPinballFan - 1 set

Added 20 days ago: Pinballmaniac40 - 2 sets

Added 20 days ago: Chriss - 1 set

Added 10 days ago: rlbohon3 - 1 set

Quoted from fossmin:

Bump. I will take a set. Is this the last one needed?

I think that's 8!!!

#599 4 years ago

I think that's 8!!!

yes it is.. I'll try to get an order going tomorrow

#600 4 years ago

If you are unhappy with your mylar but dont want to risk removing it you can buff the mylar as if it were clearcoat. trim any fraying edges, then hit it with the buffer until its not cloudy anymore. takes about an hour to get a nice shine with no cloud.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,045 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-club/page/12?hl=digduglus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.