image (resized).jpg
IMG_9373 (resized).jpeg
fire_brackets_7.25.23 (resized).jpg
IMG_3253 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3251 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3252 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3250 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3247 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 21.
#1 10 years ago

Figured I'd start a thread now that I own one. Interestingly, the owner was a firefighter himself (usual firefighter collectibles in his house), including this print of the backglass (notice no logos) which apparently they made 500 of:
fire_print.jpgfire_print.jpg

I also got a couple of NOS buildings in the deal which I'm probably going to throw on ebay:
NOS buildings.jpgNOS buildings.jpg

I'm already thinking of ways to mod it, starting with a mixture of white and red LED's. I also thought it would be cool to change the williams logo on the apron:
apron_williams_logo_fire.jpgapron_williams_logo_fire.jpg

#2 10 years ago

I've owned a Fire! Quite an entertaining game. A little shallow but unique and fun, love the center ramp and the side tall ramps.

#3 10 years ago

I am a firefighter, I am also a pinball technician for a reseller. I own a Fire! I've had it almost 2 yrs. it has been in a thousand pieces for the last year As I am doing a full restore. This will be a one of a kind.I have redone the cabinet with oak veneer (like .champagne version) all metal parts have been antique brassed, had decals remade using "gold leaf it is coming along nicely major holdup now is waiting on CPR to finish the playfields.

#4 10 years ago

I owned a Fire that I bought it from a fire fighter too. That pin was clean enough to eat from it. I wasn't really ready to get rid of it, but someone wanted to trade it with his HS2. Who was I to argue. Anyway,Fire has a really nice game flow. I really miss that bell dinging. That pin has nice sounds in it.

#5 10 years ago

I recently got one that needed a lot of attention. I needed to rebuild/unwarp all plastics and tweak/fix just about everything else (MPU was good .. yaaah!). The game has a very unique light show and a nice skill shot. Straight forward rules and a family favorite.

Still looking for a bell (I have the bracket) on top. If anyone has an extra or a line on one that would fit that would be great.

Mike V.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Fixer837:

I have redone the cabinet with oak veneer (like .champagne version)

The oak is definitely interesting, are you doing decals for the logo or stencils? I wish someone would make a kit to add the scrolling flames behind the backglass like on the champagne edition.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Fixer837:

had decals remade using "gold leaf

Where did you have this done?
I myself have one and plan to restore soon. Being a firefighter I had to add it to the collection.

#8 10 years ago

Toyotaboy, I would be interested in the building plastics on the right. Please let me know what you are asking

#9 10 years ago

"Save my baby!"

#10 10 years ago

This was my first pin and the first one I sold. Beautiful art package - wish the game play would have been a bit better. Still miss it once in awhile....

#11 10 years ago

I have one also, slowly restoring it. Getting ready to do a playfield swap. I could use a new building set for the right side that has the skill shot on it if anyone out there has one. I see yours is the left one, but I'm sure it is in demand as NOS ones are rare. I did a full LED swap on mine and it greatly improves the lighting, but I used a lot of colored bulbs in it also so I'm sure the collector class would not approve.

#12 10 years ago

We spent a lot of time on trying to figure out what was causing the sound to be so bad on a Fire. After re-capping and going even further trying to make improvements, it dawned on me to load up the sounds on Pinmame. We found that the source sounds are really distorted. No matter what we did to improve the sound card, it would never have sounded any better.

#13 10 years ago

Love this game. Some one should incorporate some real fire on their machines. Maybe a gas fueled flame topper? LOL.

#14 10 years ago

"Move the whores!"

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

I did a full LED swap on mine and it greatly improves the lighting, but I used a lot of colored bulbs

I just got mine friday and I've already swapped all the inserts and backbox (putting off GI until I'm ready for a shop). The LED's sure help make the playfield pop. Also I put in red LED's behind the Fire! logo translite. Funny how I can now see all the burn marks on the horses on the translite with the brighter light behind it, I'm gonna need to buy a new one at some point.

Anyone know if they ever had decals of nozzles for the flippers, or was this an early marketing photo?
flippers_nozzle.jpgflippers_nozzle.jpg

#16 10 years ago

They were Proto Plastics, Not Decals, and I did include them in the CPR Repro set....
http://starship-fantasy.com/plastics/Fire

stu

#17 10 years ago

Yes, and the topper too!

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

They were Proto Plastics, Not Decals, and I did include them in the CPR Repro set

I was just going to buy the ramps off ebay, but now that I know the nozzles are included I might as well buy the full set now

1 week later
#19 10 years ago

It's not a Topper, it's a Desktop Display.....If you use it as a Topper you take a chance at it falling off during game play.....If I had designed it as a topper it would have had a Mounting System......

Quoted from Imeh:

Yes, and the topper too!

#20 10 years ago

this was posted in another thread
gilbert_Grape.jpggilbert_Grape.jpg

#21 10 years ago

I'm sure you are right about it being a desktop display but we use it as a topper. It fits perfectly around the bell and double sided tape works great for keeping it in place. Looks great.

#22 10 years ago

I had my desktop display as a topper and it fell down. It broke a fireman arm off, nothing a little glue couldn't fix. Fire! was also in the movie Jennifer's body. Did it start the bar fire?

#23 10 years ago

This is going to sound strange, but anyone know where this connector is supposed to go? It's a black and grey wire, both with yellow striping on it. I can't see anywhere this is supposed to plug into
fire_wire.jpgfire_wire.jpg

1 week later
#24 10 years ago

So now that my plastics set has arrived, the two side ball locks that are cracked at the posts are bothering me. Since the buildings aren't available, I thought about a way to preserve them. My idea is to trace the outline of the plastic and create an aluminum waterjetted piece underneath to strengthen it up, and then trim whatever plastic back and create a replacement plastic piece and mount it to the aluminum piece. I thought if I created a grid, it would look structural like it belongs (matches the railing pattern).
fire!_fix_new.jpgfire!_fix_new.jpg

#25 10 years ago

Great idea toyotaboy. That is an area that does need strengthening on both side of the playfield. Let us all know how it works out.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

That is an area that does need strengthening on both side of the playfield. Let us all know how it works out.

Once I get something laid out and send it to a local vendor I use, I'll probably make a bunch. I'm sure every fire owner has this same issue, that ball puts a lot of stress on that hole everytime it knocks into the railing.

#27 10 years ago

I recently got a Fire! It's a fun game and at first I was thinking about trading it off. It needs a led kit and a few plastics as well. Anyone have the left sling plastic to spare?

#28 10 years ago

Ok so I have been doing a pseudo high end, also one of restoration on my fire I have a very long way to go but very excited how the head turned out, so wanted to share a couple pics with y'all on here cuz I hope you'll appreciate it as I do......
image-229.jpgimage-229.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Fixer837:

I have been doing a pseudo high end, also one of restoration on my fire

Did you create a backbox from scratch with real wood, or is that a thin veneer sheet overlay like they did from the factory?

#30 10 years ago

Veneer

#31 10 years ago

Originally standard version, I am restoring it as close as I can to the champagne edition

#32 10 years ago

Looks sweet! What finish did you apply to the veneer?

#33 10 years ago

That does look really good.

This is a mod that my four year old thinks is awesome. I am still on the fence about it.

#34 10 years ago

Looks really nice Fixer...Did you use a stencil kit on the sides or are those screened decals that were applied? Really pops and makes it look brand new.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

This is a mod that my four year old thinks is awesome. I am still on the fence about it

I tried color changing behind the fire logo, the translite is just too red for color changing. I'm wondering how color changing bulbs would look like on the clear triangle inserts with fire in front of the horseshoe on the playfield.

#36 10 years ago

Ok so I took my two side plastics off today, scanned them, and traced one of them in CAD and modified it to add a grid pattern. I printed out one full scale to check fit and it looks good (for one side). I was hoping they could mirror for both sides so I could have one common part, but Williams decided to make the shapes different enough where it wouldn't align correctly. I'm going to send the DXF files to my vendor this week. I'm hoping to get at least half a dozen pairs (maybe more).

Figure I'll make them out of 1/16" aluminum, that way the extra mounting pads I added can be threaded to mount a new top plastic chunk into (yes, you'll have to cut back your existing plastic). I'll probably contact Joe from laseriffic to get the top plastic replacement chunk cut out separately.
photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG
fire_metal.jpgfire_metal.jpg

#37 10 years ago

I'll buy a set of those.....Please

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Looks really nice Fixer...Did you use a stencil kit on the sides or are those screened decals that were applied? Really pops and makes it look brand new.

Screened decals I had made

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Looks sweet! What finish did you apply to the veneer?

Red Oak Veneer, Minwax English Chestnut wood stain, 4 coats Minwax semi gloss polyurethane, decal, & 5 more coats poly

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Fixer837:

Screened decals I had made

Sorry printed vynl decals black was printed on gold leaf material wich was overplayed on the main decal

#41 10 years ago

I picked up a champagne edition a few months ago. All the brass needs to be redone. Everything else is in good shape. Ill keep an eye on this thread, I hope to start working on it this summer. Im not looking forward to the re plating costs.

#42 10 years ago

Thanks for the info, looks really nice! I'm interested in the supports as well.

#43 10 years ago

I would be interested in a set also!

#44 10 years ago

sorry, edit

#45 10 years ago

Any fire owners have quick pictures of how their flipper coil lugs are wired?

#46 10 years ago

I need the pics as well,
are the 2 flipper switches exactly the same?

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

I need the pics as well,
are the 2 flipper switches exactly the same?

Mine were wired that way and the coil lugs are also what I am worried about. It was super weak when I got it and after adding some new rebuild parts it is the same so I am guessing it is wiring

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Any fire owners have quick pictures of how their flipper coil lugs are wired?

Anyone? I could use a pic as well. The left flipper specifically

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from jewboyflowerhead:

Anyone? I could use a pic as well. The left flipper specifically

I'll try to remember to take some pics tonight if nobody beats me to it.

#50 10 years ago

Left

image.jpgimage.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 1,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fire-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.