By emguy

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1365 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1364 (resized).jpeg
    #1 1 year ago

I'm working on a 1969 Williams Fast Ball (pointy people, wide body) pitch & bat, and I've got a question about the pitching unit. On the pitching motor assembly for my game, it has a place for a coil / bracket / curved arm to stop the pitching arm, but those items are missing, as seen in the photo below. From the leftover grease and scratches, clearly these were on the bracket at one time, and it got removed. The curved stop arm was still on my game, though I took it off by the time I took the photo, so further evidence the cam stop was on there!

I have a spare Williams pitching motor assembly for a Base Hit, and it DOES have the pitching arm stop assembly on it. As seen in the second attached photo.

So I feel like I'm missing a part on the assembly for my Fast Ball. However, when I look through the schematic and the (really good!) Williams service manual included with the game, I can't find any reference to the pitching arm stop coil. Then I look on the photos of the Fast Ball on ipdb.org, and the one photo that shows a pitching motor assembly appears to NOT have the stop coil / bracket / curved arm.

After viewing that, now I'm thinking that the previous operator of this game must have switched out the original pitching arm housing with one from an alternate game that had the pitching arm stop, and then removed those items because they weren't needed. As a side note, I can't seem to find any "extra" wires dangling in my game, that would've gone to the missing cam stop coil.

So here's my question: do I need the pitching arm stop coil assembly or not on this game??? If someone owns a Fast Ball, can you either post a picture of your pitching motor assembly, or comment on whether the pitching arm stop coil is present?

Thanks for your help!
    IMG_1364 (resized).jpegIMG_1364 (resized).jpegIMG_1365 (resized).jpegIMG_1365 (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fast-ball-pitch-amp-bat-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.