(Topic ID: 321512)

Williams Fantastic scoring issue

By moonrakercat

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moonrakercat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I have a 72 williams 4 player Fan-tas-tic - has an odd issue -if 2 or more players are playing - for every points player 1 scores - the 10 point counter on the 2nd player advances by one. When the 3rd or 4th player is playing it does the same thing - 2nd player 10 points advances by 1 every 100 points the 3rd or 4th player gets.

Also- when the 2nd player is playing - the 50 point rollover buttons on the playfield advance the 2nd player by 500 points - not 50. All other players when rolling over the buttons get 50 points.

I take it I have a bent switch somewhere ?

When the players reset - they all reset to 00000 fine.

I should mention that when the issue happens with #2 10s - sometimes the solenoid on the drum unit counter stays energized - it gets hot and I can hear it buzzing. I know this is a common issue with williams - just trying to find out more details & how to fix it.

Where should I be looking ??

Any help or advise is appreciated.

Matt.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Your points-to-wrong-player issues are controlled by the Player Unit disk and wiper. There's a picture of the Player Unit on page 16 of the manual
https://www.ipdb.org/files/820/Williams_1972_Fan_Tas_Tic_Operator_Manual.pdf

Thanks for the info Howard - much appreciated ! I'll check it out.

Matt

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Your points-to-wrong-player issues are controlled by the Player Unit disk and wiper. There's a picture of the Player Unit on page 16 of the manual
https://www.ipdb.org/files/820/Williams_1972_Fan_Tas_Tic_Operator_Manual.pdf

Howard - you were right - that was the problem - the spring on the unit needed another turn and I adjusted slightly the rotation of the square bakelite multi contact plate - no more player 2 issues !! Thanks !!

I do have one other question you might be able to help me with - I have a pop bumper on the machine that should score 10 points per hit - but it sometimes scores 50 points - the other pop bumpers score 10 points no issues - just problems with the 1 - any ideas ?

Thanks in advance .

Matt.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from sizteves:

Try blocking all the 50 pt playfield switches with paper and see if the problem persists. There's a chance that vibration from the bumper triggers one of the switches.

That's not a bad idea - I'll try it - thanks.

Matt

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moonrakercat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fantastic-scoring-issue?tu=moonrakercat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.