Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

keep-calm-and-be-sventastic.png
#1 9 years ago

Hi Just picked this pin up, decent shape... but.
One problem is the 10 point relay is staying energized, I replaced it and the same thing, I checked the playfield and can not find any thing stuck on. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

#2 9 years ago

You should post the title to be sure. Is it "Fan-Tas-Tic" 72 or "Captn Fantastic..." 76

faz

#3 9 years ago

The schematic is on ipdb.org. Look at everything in the circuit that energizes that coil. The manual has great info on every relay and unit too.

Does it happen for all players? Did you check the reel's EOS switch?

Where did you find it? Let me know if you ever want to get rid of it!

#4 9 years ago

The Dr. Is right.

I took a quick look at the schematic and there isn't many things that energize the 10 pt relay.

The switches on the 3 jet bumpers

The a Stand-up SWS

Also check the 50 pt relay.

That could be the culprit.

Good Luck.

#5 9 years ago

Its a Fan-Tas-Tic, I will go to site and check for schematics, the game looks like fun,
what are they worth?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from ValleyGuy:

Its a Fan-Tas-Tic, I will go to site and check for schematics, the game looks like fun,
what are they worth?

what cond?

i paid 4, not ex cond, not good cond, but certainly in fair shape- certainly not beat unit.
it is a blast of a game- crazy scoring sometimes my sisters boy would beat me bad and he's six-lol
the bottom pop is a blast and will play for you. you can walk off take a leak and you might still have the ball when you get back.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from ValleyGuy:

what are they worth?

Working EMs seem to be listed anywhere from $600-$1000 in Ontario but it seems that the $800+ ones sit. Depends on condition too...I bought a Top Score last year for $850, backglass is so-so but the playfield is great and the cabinet restored (by Sparky) and it plays 100%. It gets played at least as much as my DMD pins. But I also bought a beat Williams Gay 90s for $50 so condition determines a lot.

#8 9 years ago

What is a DMD pin? I checked above what I could and here is what is going on, the 10 point relay is energized and causing the 1st player score reel coil to heat up and almost fry it self? the other 3 10 point score reels are working?

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from ValleyGuy:

What is a DMD pin? I checked above what I could and here is what is going on, the 10 point relay is energized and causing the 1st player score reel coil to heat up and almost fry it self? the other 3 10 point score reels are working?

think of it as a newer pin.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from ValleyGuy:

DMD = dot matrix display, 1990ish - present.

So did you start a 4 player game and other players score correctly?

Check the EOS switch on the score reel. You should remove the reel from its bracket, check that the end of stroke switch is opening when you manually advance the reel.

#11 9 years ago

Found the culpert in the 1-2 reset relay back box, there was part of the switch jammed (melted) in the plastic finger holder, managed to repair.
Game is still stuck on one ball and one player and other issues hope to check out tomorrow.. all pinned out for now

#12 9 years ago

Back at it again, the coin unit is working manually but I can not get the replay relay to energize, manual says its energized by the replay unit? does this make any sense?

Thanks

2 weeks later
#13 9 years ago

Problems solved

#14 9 years ago

The above post was a mistake, I have not been able to get back to my Fan Tas Tic as of yet. I'm sure I will be asking for some help

1 week later
#15 9 years ago

Fan-Tas-Tic was my very first pinball when I was just 14 years old, worked like a dog with my grandfather cleaning commercial office buildings after school to save up for it. 33 years ago but still remember playing it. Good luck on your repairs.

1 week later
#16 9 years ago

Hi Thanks
Just starting to work on this pin again, looks like a fun game, I have to get schematics printed to get started.

#17 9 years ago

One of many issues so far is a squeaky noise in the spinner unit, what type if any lubrication?
Back glass is a write off, could use the artwork if anyone can get it.

#18 9 years ago

Does anyone know what impulse forward and S.W forward mean on the score motor schematic?
Thanks

#19 9 years ago

Not sure about the SW forward, but the impulse forward cam, fires before the impulse cam. When the score reels reset, one and two fire together, and so does 3 and 4. But 1 and 2 fire then 3 and 4. This is to reduce the load on the transformer. 8 coils firing at once instead of 16.

#20 9 years ago

Does this mean the switch stacks get moved forward on the motor? I can see that there was some pervious work done, I found a small plastic switch spacer in behind the motor, I am going to see if I can figure out where it fell out from. PS the score reels are not resetting currently.

#21 9 years ago

Normally the cam notches are out a few degrees.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from ValleyGuy:

PS the score reels are not resetting currently.

Maybe a little more info, what are they doing?

#23 9 years ago

Thanks Chrisbiee, someone pointed out that I should change the topic to Fan Tas Tic and not Fantastic so I did and I have posts there.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from ValleyGuy:

Thanks Chrisbiee, someone pointed out that I should change the topic to Fan Tas Tic and not Fantastic so I did and I have posts there.

Right, So this topic is effectively resolved by starting a 2nd (New) thread?

*** All users, please use this thread here > https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fan-tas-tic
for reply's to this thread.****

#25 9 years ago

keep-calm-and-be-sventastic.pngkeep-calm-and-be-sventastic.png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fantastic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.