3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
#1 3 years ago

Need some help on a Williams Fan-Tas-Tic. I’ve gotten almost everything under control. This has me concerned. Ball in the kicker hole spins the wheel, wheel spins and stops, scores whatever it lands in (so far so good) then one of 2 problems might happen. Sometimes the ball doesn’t kick out. Sits in the hole for 5-10 seconds then the wheel spins again, scores and usually kicks out. The other issue that might happen is that everything works correctly, ball kicks out but if it’s hit back in quickly (or placed in by hand for testing purposes) it will sit for 5-10 seconds and then the wheel will spin. It seems that something has gone wrong with the electronic delay timer. Any time the delay is activated, you can listen for about 10 seconds and then hear the click when it releases. During the “dead time” waiting for the wheel to spin, If I force the delay relay open by hand, it spins immediately. I’ve ordered a new capacitor, resistor and transistor just in case.

Is there anything else that should cause the delay relay to release sooner?

I’m also having issues with the 50 point rollovers. They score randomly from 0-50 points. I did adjust the gap on the 50 point relay and it made it score correctly except it also started scoring in the outhole, sometimes multiple times.

I’d appreciate any thoughts on these issues. Thanks

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazorf:

I’ve ordered a new capacitor, resistor and transistor just in case.

It looks like you're on the right track here. I also see that sw. A on Game Over is involved, so make sure that's clean and making solid contact.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 99.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-fan-tas-tic-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.