You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
50pt (resized).png

#1 32 days ago

Hi!

I'm working on a Williams Fan-Tas-Tic and have got everything working except for the 50 pt relay circuit.

When engaged, it only counts 40 points, so I guess one of the pulses from the score motor impulse cam is being cut off at some place. Other circuits fed from the same impulse cam switch are working fine.

Cam 5 switch A is supposed to cut power to the 50 pt hold-in relay after 5 pulses. Is it possible for this cam to go out of position so that it cuts power too early?

50pt (resized).png

#2 32 days ago

I'd use the 'service jack' adjustment to turn the score motor off, so you can turn it by hand and see where the relay is dropping out early.

pasted_image (resized).png

#3 32 days ago

I suspect that the normally closed relay on the motor need to be a bit tighter. I suspect that one of the nibs on the motor is slightly worn and it doesn't make good contact.

#4 32 days ago

Check the score motor impulse cam switch D (top switch) . This schematic shows that this switch pulses the 1000 point relay, but it also can also pulse the 100’s and 10’s relays. Clean and check switch that it closes well on all 5 pulses.

#5 32 days ago
Quoted from ArgosySK:

I suspect that the normally closed relay on the motor need to be a bit tighter. I suspect that one of the nibs on the motor is slightly worn and it doesn't make good contact.

You may be able to tell this is the case if the missing score always occurs at the same time during the score motor rotation, like:

SCORE - SCORE - ?? - SCORE - SCORE

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside