(Topic ID: 3204)

Williams F-14 Tomcat, what's a fair offer for this?

By ThePostmaster

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Skyline_2.jpg
F-14_2.jpg
Skyline.jpg
F-14.jpg
#1 13 years ago

"williams f-14 tomcat pinball. great physical condition, not sure whats wrong with it, i do have the service manual for it. make offer"

He also has this one,

1965 gottlib "skyline" pinball machine. great condition, only 2000 made. every thing works other than 1 bumper. coin slot takes both dimes and quarters

Thinking of making an offer on the F-14. What's a fair offer, I was thinking of 300-400. Haven't looked at it yet, what should I look for, and how hard are they to troubleshoot? Thanks,

Bill

F-14.jpgF-14.jpg Skyline.jpgSkyline.jpg F-14_2.jpgF-14_2.jpg

#2 13 years ago

It's hard to see what kind of shape the F-14 is in from those pics. For $300-$400 it'd be hard to go wrong. Dispays can be a problem on System 11's would be nice if they work. And the playfields are notorious for wear, especially the inserts.

I've never played a Skyline, but do enjoy most Gottliebs from that time. I checked it out and IPDB and it looks pretty fun. I'd make an offer on both if I were you!!

#3 13 years ago

I just bought a used set of sys 11 displays, 4 score, 1 credit, and display control board. I needed one score for my DE Laser War game. I have 3 left, and the main display board with cables. Let's hope He's open to offers!!!

#4 13 years ago

What a wonderful description.....great physical condition..not sure what's wrong with it. I would offer 10.00 and tell the guy to keep the service manual. I am guessing his idea of great condition differs from most. If it turns out to be in great shape and a simple fix I would go as high as 600.00 myself.

#5 13 years ago

$550,
getting away from price for a moment it's a project pin so the next question has to be
is the seller into pins like all of us? or is he just trying to unload or flip a game ?

Think of it from another angle - A guy who is good at fixing and selling pins but cant get this one to work ......are you better then or worse them him in repair ?

I'd ask about the 1965 Skyline next to it

#6 13 years ago

$500 - $600 would be my offer.

#7 13 years ago

Can't get him to answer his phone. Really want to look at it. I'll post pics, if I can get it for the right price.

#8 13 years ago

are you better then or worse them him in repair ?

Sure I'm better, if I can't fix it, I have a really big F%@*ing hammer that can fix anything!!!

#9 13 years ago

I bought mines for a 1000.00 HERE IN Arizona ..Ended up buying another MPUboard dues to Special solonoid matrix going bad...bought a rottendog board 300.00 ..works great now total 1300.00 investment..SUCKS ASS

#10 13 years ago

Sure I'm better, if I can't fix it, I have a really big F%@*ing hammer that can fix anything!!!

Thats the spirit. I got one of them.

#11 13 years ago

Well, to make a short story long, I went and looked at both machines tonight.

His ad was misleading. His full service manual, was a couple of downloaded pages from pinballrepair.com His definition of great physical condition and mine are way different. Top right front corner of backbox had a cigar burn spot in it about 3" long, and almost all the way through. It was missing the belts for the beacons on top (never saw the motor run), all 3 bulbs burnt out. Player 1 & 2 displays no good, just showed random " ////" in displays. Wouldn't boot up everytime. +5 LED on, diagnostic LED blinking rapidly, Blanking LED blinking slowly. Left flippers VERY weak, with upper very sloppy. Numerous switches inop. Missing lots of rubber, needs all new. Playfield, fair, very dull, should polish up. Speakers/sound very scratchy.

He says he sees them for sale for $1500 all the time, and figured his was worth close to that. I felt I was doing him a favor, and offered $250. He turned it down(I'm happy about that).

The Skyline was in rough shape, would power up, that's all. Cabinet was rough. Playfield and plastics were in good shape. He said this is a "collector's piece". He says there is only 3 for sale in the US, with the one that is completely restored going for $2500, which he thinks is under valued. I didn't make an offer on that one.

I told him I'll stand by my $250 offer, and if he changes his mind, to give me a call. I get the feeling he wants 1K for it. Not worth the $250 I offered. He says he'll keep it and fix it, but he couldn't even get it to boot, I had to show him how to do it.

I wish him luck, and pitty the poor soul who buys it/them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-f-14-tomcat-whats-a-fair-offer-for-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.