4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jr99svt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

During mardi gras we were playing the f-14 and all of the sudden I noticed the top left flipper was stuck on,and the smell told me the coil was heating up.
    After a change out,I don't have many coils working.There are a few,but the flippers,outhole and kick back and save coils are not.
    Not sure my schematic what to look at first. I'm thinking a transistor.But would 1 drive all these coils??
    All fuses have been double checked.
    Any help always appreciated

#2 4 years ago

sounds like you blew a fuse or took out a rectifier
    check F2 out of circuit

#3 4 years ago

Yeap. Not only checked it,I changed it to make sure.
    Thinking I have a bad transistor,but not sure where to look.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from southofi-10:

Yeap. Not only checked it,I changed it to make sure.
    Thinking I have a bad transistor,but not sure where to look.

If it was a transistor, you would only have 1 inop coil. Flippers of that era are not transistor driven. look on page 59 of the book or go to IPDB and download the manual. if you have a meter you can check the voltage at the coil

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-f-14-tomcat-flipper-and-other-coils-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.