• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Coyote
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hey guys -
Need some help. Sometime between this morning and last March, one of my cats (likely Artie) got into my stored screws bin for Big Ben. Almost all of them I was able to recover. Some, though, I cannot. Can someone point me in the direction of:

- The pop bumper anchor bolts. (Will these work? Not the same exact style: https://www.pinballlife.com/pop-bumper-bracket-mounting-screws-fin-screws.html )
- The screws that hold the *body* (upper side) to the playfield. I don't see these even pictured in the parts manual.

Thanks!

#2 3 years ago

Fin screws are fine as pictured. I tend to not reuse these anyway and just replace with new ones, if a PF swap or a clear job. Otherwise they usually don't come out of the PF.

IIRC the pop bodies are just wood screws, probably 1/2, 5/8, at most 3/4.

#3 3 years ago

I don't remember if this game was made before the switchover to fin shank screws to hold the pop bumper bracket. If it was before, then the bracket/yoke assembly attached to the playfield with #6 phillips pan head tapping screws. Newer games used the fin shank screws and 6-32 nylon insert locknuts.

To hold the bodies on top of the playfield, use # 6 wood screws (either round head or flat head works) by about 5/8" or 3/4" long. I think it was 5/8" long was used the most often.

#4 3 years ago

Thanks guys. I think I found them, and will be reassembling this afternoon.

#5 3 years ago

What kind of cat is Artie?

I have one who likes to steal shiny stuff.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

What kind of cat is Artie?
I have one who likes to steal shiny stuff.

Hah. He's a domestic shorthair. Slightly cross-eyed and retarded. He is, for all intents and purposes, autistic. He will completely freak out if I hang a new picture on the wall. A box arrives and I set it inside the front door? He will freaking *stalk* it for hours - or until I open it.
He LOOOOVES testing gravity - which is why I think he did it. He will jump up onto my desk, and just push a pen off. If I reach down pick it up and set it back in front of him? He'l just bat it off again. Sheesh.

I freakin' love him.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-em-pop-bumper-screws?hl=slochar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.