• Latest reply 11 months ago by Barr993
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230528_104818 (resized).jpg
#1 11 months ago

I'm slowly restoring a Solids N Stripes and now having trouble matching the blue apron paint. My last attempt included buying a Pantone book and ordering custom spray paint based on the best match (552) but still not happy. Pic shows the original apron and resprayed shooter cover.

I'm not sure if other Williams around this time had the same base color.

Has anyone figured out this color?

20230528_104818 (resized).jpg20230528_104818 (resized).jpg
#2 11 months ago

Yeah, 552 doesn't look quite right to me even just on my screen. One option is to take it to a home improvement store and have them scan the color to give you at least some kind of numbers that might be more accurate. If they can give you a hex value for it, that'd be best, but I don't know if they can do that. Have them scan the color where the cards normally go. I imagine those areas have seen the least sun and UV damage, as well as other general staining from whatever. Any kind of numbers or paint name they can give you would be beneficial as there are all manner of conversion sites on the internet that you should be able to use to get the right paint code.

#3 11 months ago

Once you settle on a paint, please share it on the touch-up paint color thread. Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinside-touch-up-paint-color-thread

#4 11 months ago

Great idea to have it scanned to get the info/codes.

And will do on the touch-up thread update when i get this figured out.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-em-light-blue-apron-paint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.