You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

super star chimes wiring (resized).jpg
super star chimes wiring2 (resized).jpg
super star chime plug (resized).jpg
CLSgT9s (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baldtwit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 2 years ago

in a jones plug connection, the wire colors are the same on the plug and jack for each pin position.

you have the jones jack in the game, right?

there should be the following wire colors on it:

- red : goes to one lug on all three chime coils
- B-G : goes to other lug on the large chime coil
- O : goes to other lug on medium chime coil
- O-R : goes to other lug on small chime coil

big ben has a R-Y wire on the small chime coil, but other colors are the same.

#10 2 years ago

what I was trying to say is the wire color on the jack/socket should match the wire color on the plug at each pin position.

I guess since the chime unit was generic but the games had different wire colors on the socket, the colors may not match. It was also pretty common to swap chime units between games when one burned up on route.

the white/yellow looking fat wire on coyote's pic looks like the wire they often used for red. I dunno if it was originally red and faded badly or if it was a substitute when they ran out of red.

I'm going to the pacific pinball museum tomorrow and I'll get a picture from a super star machine. As long as you get the fat wire going to one lug on all three coils, if you mix up the other ones you'll just get a different chime sound than you are supposed to get for 10/100/1000 pts.

#17 2 years ago

fwiw

most jones plugs in people's scrap bins are two pins wide, so you'd have to cut one of those. If you don't have a source, pm me your address and I'll mail you one.

originally there were grommets or pads in/at each bar hole, but if those are rotted off you can use a square of something like scotchbrite pad under the bar on each mounting post. That'll give you the "ding" instead of sounding like ball bearings in a tin can.

in other words, the bar needs to be isolated from the frame to avoid the rattles.

super star chime plug (resized).jpgsuper star chime plug (resized).jpgsuper star chimes wiring2 (resized).jpgsuper star chimes wiring2 (resized).jpgsuper star chimes wiring (resized).jpgsuper star chimes wiring (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baldtwit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-em-chime-unit-wiring-setup?tu=baldtwit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.