• Latest reply 3 years ago by Pin-Pilot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scoremotor copy (resized).jpg
FB30C39F-7AEF-43D0-81F2-70DA09E67D9B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin-Pilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

Follow the reset circuit. Find all the conditions that trigger the "reset" cycle and start troubleshooting those switches. There may be a leaf switch that is getting stuck or coil that is not releasing.

Do you use coins in the game? Check your coin switch. if it is triggered it will run the score motor continuously. Is your game set on free play or do you cycle the coin switch to add credits?

Do you have a PDF of the schematic? I looked on IPDB but it is not listed.

#5 3 years ago

Ok, with the Schematic you can follow the line from the Score Motor to several switches that will complete the circuit to make the score motor run.
scoremotor copy (resized).jpgscoremotor copy (resized).jpg
I assume that the score motor is running when you say it is "resetting"

Not sure your level of expertise with circuits but I will be rather basic with this ...

Listed here are the direct switches making the score motor run. One of these is the culprit. However, these switches are controlled by other switches and relays as well.

Isolate the switch below that is making the score motor run extra and then you can narrow your search to just that circuit and associated relays.

- .10 & .25 relay switch
- IND "C" is Index cam on the score motor M/B switch. It keeps the score motor running through the cycle
- Target Count Relay switch
- Outhole Relay switch
- Reset Relay switch
- Coin Relay switch
- Shooter relay switch in green

Even though you have the jones connector disconnected from the door the Relays and more importantly the relay switches are still in the circuit and can make the score motor run.

You said you checked the switches on the score reels. Double check the "Zero Position" switch. If any one of these is making contact the score motor will continue to run. ***Check the screws that hold the switch stack are tight*** If loose they can be good candidates for intermittent problems.

Start with this and report your findings.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from petebest:

Thanks for your help everyone. It ended up being the ball index relay switch on the motor. Easy fix, wish I would have found it sooner.
Finally - Eager Beaver is working 100% !
Sending the glass out next week to be recreated because mine is faded to almost all the same solid color
Thanks again!

Easy fixes are the best!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Madison, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin-Pilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-eager-beaver-help-?tu=Pin-Pilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.