1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7926c (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

I rebuilt the drop targets on my Williams Stellar Wars (new plastics, new horseshoes, cleaned) and now they are acting weird. When pushed with a finger they drop perfectly and pop back up scoring correctly. When hit hard with the ball they won't move. They don't push backwards at all and thus won't drop. Sometimes a gentle ball roll will hit and they go down but I am at a loss to figure this out. There really isn't a whole lot to adjust or to go wrong, Is there something I tightened too much?

I can create a video if that will help

#4 1 year ago

if they won't push backwards, this could be that the rubber behind them is holding the target too far forward.

Sometimes I have a little adjustment room to move the whole drop target mechanism away from the rubber behind it.

Sometimes I take the rubber ring, and undersize it. Like, if it's supposed to be a 2 1/2 inch rubber, I'll use a 2 inch, and stretch it tight so it's narrower, giving the drop targets a chance to go backwards and drop.

#5 1 year ago

I didn’t know that he closed. Marcos has these on their site for a higher price.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRetail:

if they won't push backwards, this could be that the rubber behind them is holding the target too far forward.
Sometimes I have a little adjustment room to move the whole drop target mechanism away from the rubber behind it.
Sometimes I take the rubber ring, and undersize it. Like, if it's supposed to be a 2 1/2 inch rubber, I'll use a 2 inch, and stretch it tight so it's narrower, giving the drop targets a chance to go backwards and drop.

The contact arms can be bent back too far also, making them act more like a spring that is pushing the targets forwards so the don't drop.

Quoted from bluespin:

I didn’t know that he closed. Marcos has these on their site for a higher price.

Yeah, I went to your link and got interested in this, but then I went to the sales link and found out it was closed.

#7 1 year ago

This is the reason I developed the NMP Sensors. Those sliders are difficult to adjust. These sensors never need to be adjusted - nothing to get dirty - nothing to ware out. My prototype game was Disco Fever 5 years ago and it's still working great.

And we are having a sale (10% off) and only $5.00 shipping. Contact me at [email protected]

IMG_7926c (resized).jpgIMG_7926c (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-drop-targets-not-going-down and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.