(Topic ID: 257676)

Williams Dracula - Left and right gate not working - Suggestions?

By Barakawins1

71 days ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 69 days ago by Barakawins1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 71 days ago

Trying to get the mist multi ball to work. I changed sender/receiver optos. Now they see each other. In switch test I can see them register when my hand passes
the beam. In magnet test I never get the left or right gate to open. I tried solenoid test and the left and right gate does not open either. Can someone advise what I'm missing with respect to these gates? I doubt both solenoids don't work to open the gates.

#3 70 days ago

Check the connectors and ribbon cable on the fliptronics board. Interestingly, the left and right side gates, along with a few other solenoids, are controlled from the fliptronics board.

#4 70 days ago

Interesting. Thank you for that info. I’ll report back

#5 69 days ago

OK.. so now we have gates working. Crazy enough, no fuses were installed.

#6 69 days ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

OK.. so now we have gates working. Crazy enough, no fuses were installed.

That'll surely do it. Gates must not have worked for a while if that was the case.

#7 69 days ago

Crazy.. but I never thought of the fliptronics board. So I got the gates working and the magnet would not energize in Magnet test. I checked the wiring harness
and sure enough, the phone wire style harness had a broken wire.. Fixed that with solder and heat shrink. Wrapped the area with electrical tape for reinforcement
and voila! All works now!

Thanks for the heads up schudel5

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.99
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
York, PA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside